POLICY AGAINST HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION, AND RETALIATION
Raider Express, Inc. is committed to providing a work environment that is free of all forms of unlawful discrimination and/or harassment. In keeping with this commitment, we maintain a strict policy prohibiting all forms of unlawful discrimination and/or harassment, including sexual harassment. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment or other inappropriate behavior toward employees by other employees, or by our clients or vendors. Likewise, we will not tolerate discrimination, harassment or other inappropriate behavior toward a customer or vendor by any employee of Raider Express, Inc.
This includes harassment because of race, color, religion, sex (which includes pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions), national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law.
Raider Express, Inc. will not tolerate sexual harassment or any other form of harassment of discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, handicap or disability.
Harassment or discrimination in the workplace by any employee will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
While it is not always easy to define precisely what harassment is, it includes any physical, verbal or visual conduct that creates an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment which interferes with work performance.
Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal, physical or visual conduct of a sexual or harassing nature constitute unlawful harassment if;
• Submission to such conduct is made an explicit or implicit term or condition of employment.
• Submission to or rejection of such conduct is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting an individual or
• Such conduct has the purpose or effect of either unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
Examples of such conduct which violate this policy include, but are not limited to:
• Offensive or unwelcome sexual flirtations, touching, advances or propositions.
• Verbal harassment of a sexual nature, such as lewd comments, innuendos, sexual jokes or references, and offensive personal references.
• Graphic or sexually suggestive, demeaning or intimidating comments about an individual.
• The display in the workplace of sexually suggestive or intimidating objects, pictures, graffiti, cartoons, magazines, calendars, posters, pictures, photographs or other literature.
• Sexually suggestive or intimidating written, recorded, or electronically transmitted messages, voice mails, emails, instant-messages, text messages, chat room and blog messages.
• Other verbal and/or physical conduct of a sexual nature where:
(1) Submission to or rejection of the conduct is used or is threatened to be used as a condition of employment;
(2) Submission to or rejection of the conduct is used or is threatened to be used as the basis for employment decisions;
(3) The conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance; or
(4) The conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Procedure: If you experience, observe or become aware of behavior which you believe to be harassing or discriminatory in nature, which is inappropriate or offensive, or which makes you or others uncomfortable, you have an obligation to report the behavior immediately to either your supervisor or the Human Resources Department at (800) 234-1534. Providing confidential information of this type will enable Raider Express, Inc. to take appropriate action to ensure that employees enjoy a work environment free from harassment. All information gathered under this policy will be kept as confidential as possible to protect you while allowing Raider Express, Inc. to fully investigating the matter.
It is our policy to investigate any report of harassment or other inappropriate behavior. All investigations will be designed to protect the privacy of, and minimize suspicion toward all parties concerned. Investigation of a complaint may include, but is not limited to, interviewing the complaining and accusing parties as well as other employees or persons necessary to obtain sufficient.information upon which to make an assessment of the situation. While we will make every effort to be sensitive to privacy issues, in the course of an investigation we will discuss relevant information with appropriate parties on a need-to-know basis.
We will take whatever corrective action is deemed appropriate, including disciplinary action or termination of any individual who violates this policy. In addition, any individual who engages in conduct contrary to this policy may be personally liable in legal action brought against him or her. Likewise, maliciously false accusations that are made in bad faith may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Raider Express, Inc. prohibits retaliation of any kind against any individual who reports: 1) discrimination; 2) harassment; 3) other inappropriate, unprofessional or unethical conduct; 4) or who participates in an investigation of such reports.
Retaliation against an individual for: 1) reporting harassment, discrimination, or other inappropriate, unprofessional or unethical conduct; or 2) for participating in an investigation of a claim of harassment, discrimination or other inappropriate, unprofessional or unethical conduct is a serious violation of this policy and, like harassment, discrimination or other inappropriate, unprofessional or unethical conduct itself, will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination. If an employee believes they are being retaliated against, they should immediately discuss their concerns with their supervisor or with Mike Eggleton Jr.