BCA IIPP TSM QUIZ 024
First Aid I Review Quiz
3 & 5
7 & 9 & 10
1. "It usually consists of one-time, short-term treatment and requires minimal technology and training, such as minor cuts, treating minor burns, applying bandages, and using non-prescription medicine. First aid does not include: CPR or AED methods".
True - Correct definition of "render first aid"
False - Incorrect definition of "render first aid"
2. Prior to providing assistance to any emergency medical event is to give your name and state that you have received training to render first aid.
3. Minor wounds like cuts or scrapes should be washed with antiseptic soap and covered with a gauze or bandage.
4. Burns are classified based on their depth and % of body area burned. First & second degree burns are classified as minor injuries and are treated with ___________ running water.
5. Flushing your eyes with lukewarm water is the preferred treatment for what type of injury?
6. Which of the following is not true?
You may choose to assist or not assist in a first aid situation
Only BCA supervisors are required to call 9-1-1 if they are present at an accident or face disciplinary actions.
Since all BCA employees are Disaster Service workers they all must stop at all vehicle accidents both during and after work hours.
Cal-OSHA has determined that you are not liable if you do not render first aid (as a first responder); even if you are trained.
All employees shall know the location of emergency numbers for their work location.
7. Bee, ant or spider stings/bites rarely cause serious conditions but up to 5% of the US population an allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis occurs. If you or a co-worker are stung what is generally not necessary?
Leave the area as quickly as possible
Scrape the stinger; don't pinch it
Wash and treat
Monitor for allergic reaction
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of City of Los Angeles.