Apply to Coach a KCP Team (Based in Northland)
KC Premiere Basketball sponsors both competitive boys and girls teams. With our teams, our goal is to prepare kids for the next level, whichever level that is. We believe in maximizing kids and their potential on and off the basketball court, as both student-athletes and people. Our staff and coaches hold kids accountable on coachability, attitude, sportsmanship, toughness and skill.
Our coaches are integral to the mission of KC Premiere Basketball. The standard is the highest of high in representing our program and teams, regardless of age or gender. We expect our coaches to be:
• ORGANIZED with team/player information and making the experience for your team families structured.
• PROFESSIONAL with your technique, mannerisms, behavior, and attire - at ALL TIMES during KCP functions.
• COMMUNICATIVE with your team members by being proactive, transparent, and making the process "easy".
• COMPETENT with basketball skills and philosophies - team and individual development.
• PRIDEFUL with your craft of coaching.
Our coaches goal is to get the best out of their kids and teams, not just by winning games, but by building character, social skills and lessons kids will be able to carry onward in future endeavors.
Our teams play against other competitive club teams in the KC Metro. We play in our sponsored KC Premiere league year-round (Sundays), as well as 1-2 tournaments per month (either KC Premiere tournaments or other local/regional tournaments hosted by other organizations).
Both our boys and girls teams typically play at least once a weekend (league and/or tournament). Each team/grade level varies on tournament participation. Our more competitive teams will participate in more tournaments.
We sponsor both boys and girls competitive teams. Our players are from all over the KC Metro. We have teams for the following:
All our teams practice at various Park Hill School District locations. Practices are held 1-2 nights each week.
We play basketball year-round. The breakdown of our seasons are typically as follows: