Gravois-Jefferson Leadership Academy Sign-Up Form
In collaboration with local elected officials, neighborhood organizations and other community stakeholders, we facilitated a community-driven planning process for the Gravois-Jefferson Historic Neighborhoods: the area defined by Gravois on the north, Meramec on the south, Grand on the west and Jefferson on the east. Together we developed a shared community vision and strategies to ensure the long-term growth and vitality of the area.
Over twelve months, residents and other stakeholders in the area engaged to look at economic development, racial disparity, land use issues, social services, environmental concerns, transportation (including pedestrian and bicycle networks), housing, educational opportunities, community health, parks and open spaces, and much more. The bulk of the community planning work was done through an open public engagement process using a combination of focus groups, public roundtables, design workshops or charrettes, and open houses.
In May 2018, the Gravois-Jefferson Historic Neighborhood Plan was adopted as an ordinance by the City of St. Louis. In partnership, Invest STL made a multi-year investment commitment and Rise provides technical assistance to see the implementation of this plan through that promises an improved quality of life for all residents new and existing.
What is the Gravois-Jefferson Leadership Academy?
Connected to the Gravois-Jefferson Historic Neighborhoods Plan, the Gravois-Jefferson Leadership Academy will be held for 6 weeks, meeting at 6PM on Mondays (except the final session) from Monday, July 29th through Thursday, September 5th. This series of meetings will focus on Neighborhood Leadership.
**MEETINGS are at 6:00 PM. We will meet at the Thomas Dunn Learning Center, 3113 Gasconade St., St. Louis, MO 63118
WEEK 1 | July 29th | Community Building Principles
• What is your ideal community? • Watch & discuss "Holding Ground"
WEEK 2 | August 5th | Community Engagement & Working in Diverse Communities
• Strategies for outreach • Recruiting volunteers • Inclusiveness
WEEK 3 | August 12th | Running effective meetings
• Creating agendas • Leading group decision-making
• Developing an organizational structure
WEEK 4 | August 19th | Project Planning
• Project planning tools and strategies • Turning ideas into action
WEEK 5 | August 26th | Resource Development
• Funds • Methods of fundraising for community-driven efforts
WEEK 6 | September 5th | Collaboration
• Involving stakeholders • The art of collaboration and community engagement
How do I participate?
You may want to join the Gravois-Jefferson Leadership Academy if you:
• Are connected to the planning area in residency, work, or activity
• Have ideas about safety, youth & education, housing, or business development
• Want to collaborate with others to create and implement a community improvement project
• Want to apply for a mini-grant to fund your project idea
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Dutchtown South Community Corporation.