WISE TWIN CITIES LEADERSHIP APPLICATION
Make an impact and join the WISE Twin Cities Leadership Team!
WISE Twin Cities is excited to expand its board, opening up new opportunities for members to get involved, work alongside a dynamic group of professionals, gain new experience and serve our community!
The WISE mission is to empower women in the business of sports with the tools to reach their career goals. Through peer support, mentoring programs and professional development and training, we strive to help members maximize their potential, sharpen their skills and advance their careers at every stage of their professional journeys.
If you feel your interests and skillset are a fit for any of the open board positions, we encourage you to apply. We strive for a diversity of thought, perspectives and backgrounds on our board in order to best serve our community.
Applications will close on Friday, December 4, 2020.
• Board member should maintain WISE Membership
• Board member understands, acknowledges and adheres to WISE Twin Cities bylaws
• Accountable to the agreed upon responsibilities and efforts within their role OR board member should communicate/request assistance needed with team and fellow board when conflicts arise that may prevent them from accomplishing duties/responsibilities
• Board member will be responsible for monitoring web/national email accounts associated to their role
• Attend all applicable national and local board meetings to your position OR if you cannot attend, a proxy should be sent in your place or notes/updates
• Each board member should make reasonable effort to:
- Attend majority of Signature events and programs
- Serve as an ambassador and promoter of WISE, its mission and its initiatives
- Promote and drive attendance to WISE events and programs
- Recruit new WISE Members and partners
- Assist with identifying mentors and speakers
Executive & Governing Board Positions
BOARD SECRETARY (2 Years)
The Board Secretary gathers and builds out monthly agendas and items for the board meetings, keeps files organized on the google drive, prepares yearly meeting calendars, and oversees board member onboarding.
• Monitoring emails and web accounts and distributing inquiries accordingly
• Google drive organization and file management
• Board and committee onboarding
• Tech stack and digital account organization and planning
VP FINANCE (2 Years)
Executive Board Member responsible for coordinating all finance related issues for the chapter. Duties include managing bank account, handling accounts payable and receivable, and generating statements to communicate the financial standing of the chapter to the rest of the Executive Board. Works closely with the Events committee to create and manage budgets and expenses for events and programming. Responsible for preparing yearly tax statements and general compliance with federal and state standards for nonprofit organizations.
VP MENTORSHIP (3 Years)
Executive Board member who is responsible for utilizing their personal and social network to enhance and support mentorship related programming, preferably with senior leadership experience or qualifications. They will be responsible for leading the charge of finding quality mentors for the WiseWithin Mentoring pairs. VP will also be the liaison with WISE Within National by attending the monthly calls, reporting back to the EB and Mentoring Chair. This role also manages the WW budget with the Finance VP. They will also be responsible for mentoring and growing the Mentoring Chair position for succession.
VP EVENTS & PROGRAMMING (2-3 years)
Lead programming and event strategy and initiatives, prioritize event opportunities and assist with building strategic relationships for programming, speakers and event resources. Manage the annual calendar planning process and budget. Conduct ongoing committee meetings with event management team and event chairs.
VP SPONSORSHIP (2-3 years)
Executive Board member who is responsible for utilizing their business and personal relationships to gain additional organizational and corporate partner support from a variety of verticals. This board member is responsible for building a strategic plan and areas of opportunity to maximize current and future partnership relationships. The Vice President of Sponsorships will work closely with both the Vice President of Events & Programming and the Vice President of Social & Engagement to ensure there is alignment between the sponsorship elements included in partnership agreements and the events/programs + social strategy WISE Twin Cities executes each year. Identify verticals and partnership levels – sports organizations/venues, industry categories/target prospects, and levels of investment and partnership.
Chair and Committee Positions
MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT CHAIR (1-2 Years)
Responsible for onboarding new members and will serve as the main point of contact and communication with members for any questions, comments or suggestions. Creates membership engagement presence at WISE events. Works closely with events and social committees to create efforts to spotlight and connect members with each other.
MENTORSHIP CHAIR (1-2 Years)
Mentorship Chair will manage the execution and communication of all WISE Within programming with a strong emphasis on the Mentoring Pairs. She will lead the communication of programs, calls for volunteers, matching of pairs and creating and executing innovating, engaging content for the pairs. Will work with the VP closely to maintaining the WW programming.
WEB DEVELOPMENT CHAIR (2-3 years)
Web developer chair will support the VP in all aspects of digital from email, web and tech support for events. Update and create new landing pages and resources for our members on the WISE TC website.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (2 years)
The graphic designer will support the marketing and communications team in creating graphics to promote WISE TC.
• Create engaging graphics for marketing, social and digital that align with WISE TC and WISE National Guidelines.
• Work with social chairs to create graphics for monthly social content.
• Manage all assets for social in the google drive so they are easily accessible by board members (headshots, logos, graphics).
SOCIAL MEDIA CHAIR (2 years)
The Social Media Chair will work with the VP of Social & Engagement to plan and execute engaging social content for our members. Content will be meant to inspire, connect and empower members.
• Assist in monthly social media content planning.
• Create new ways of engaging with members on social media.
• Execute WISE TC social content (Member Spotlights, Personal Development, Wellness) by requesting graphics, writing copy and posting to social media.
WOMEN OF INSPIRATION CHAIR (2 years)
Plan, lead and execute WISE TC’s annual Women of Inspiration Luncheon. Work with and recruit additional committee members as needed. Lead all programming, run of show, staffing assignments, board communication/expectations, deadlines, vendor bills/payments, external communication. Partner with Director of Event Mgmt to maintain consistent quality of event, remain in budget and for assistance on selecting venues/event vendors.
SIGNATURE EVENTS CHAIR (2 years)
Plan, lead, and execute 3 key Signature Events; Speed Mentoring (Jan), Power Play (Mar), Financial Fitness (Aug). Work and recruit additional committee members as needed. Overseeing nomination process and selection, identify venue, and work closely with other board chairs to mobilize this celebration. Lead all programming, run of show, staffing assignments, board communication/expectations, deadlines, vendor bills/payments, external communication. Partner with Director of Event Mgmt to maintain consistent quality of event, remain in budget and for assistance on selecting venues/event vendors.
Contact Phone Number
Please indicate which positions you are applying for
VP Events & Programming
Membership Engagement Chair
Web Development Chair
Social Media Engagement Chair
Women of Inspiration Event Chair
Signature Events Chair
How long have you been a WISE Member?
I am not a member, but I am interested in becoming one
Why are you interested in serving on the board?
Of the positions you've selected, please list a few ideas/impacts you'd like to make in the first year for each?
Please provide your professional bio or LinkedIn Profile link:
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of WISE.