Aquinas Residence Life Office - Student Assistant Application - 2019-2020
Student Assistant Position – 2019-2020
The Student Assistant position provides an opportunity for students to assist the professional staff with everyday administrative responsibilities in the Office of Residence Life. The Student Office Assistant works in the Residence Life Office located on the ground floor of Regina Hall. Students usually work 3-15 hours during the work week. Work schedules are created for each Office Assistant during the normal working hours of the office—Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The current Fall 2019 openings are for Thursdays from 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fridays from 12:30-5:00 p.m. The opportunity exists for regular shifts to change for the Spring 2020 semester.
Expectations & Core Responsibilities
Attitude and Behavior
• Be a role model by supporting and following all campus policies
• Exhibit a positive attitude supportive of the Residence Life Office
• Work cooperatively with all professional Residence Life staff members
• Maintain high standards of professional dress and behavior while working in the office
• Make office responsibilities the top priority while in the office
Administrative Responsibilities/Customer Service
• Work all scheduled shifts and provide notification if unable to work a shift
• Help students and others who visit the office with their needs and concerns
• Answer phone calls, help callers as you are able, and take messages for staff
• Run errands to various campus offices and departments
• Complete paperwork: filing, alphabetizing, stuffing envelopes, pulling keys, making copies, distributing mail, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Keep the office area clean and organized
• Develop understanding of processes and policies and provide accurate information to others
• Perform additional administrative tasks as directed by the professional Residence Life staff
• Good standing with the student conduct system
• Preference for candidates who currently live on-campus or who have lived on-campus in the past and have understanding of residential environment
• Preference for candidates who can commit to the job for at least one year (possibilities exist for continued employment with candidates who are successful in the role)
• Dependability and reliability
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Attentiveness to detail
• Able to accept direction, while being capable of working independently without constant supervision
• Professional customer service skills and pleasant demeanor
• Positive, can-do attitude, and sense of humor
• Competent with Google e-mail, Google docs, and Microsoft Excel
Applicants should complete this online application and e-mail a resume to Julie Blaszak, Director of Residence Life, at
. Application deadline is Wednesday, October 2, 2019. Once the application is submitted and the resume is received, candidate materials will be reviewed by the Director of Residence Life, who will then choose applicants for an in-person interview. Applicants will be chosen based on experience, qualifications, and availability for work. Interviews are targeted to take place between October 7-11. Shortly following the interview process, applicants will be informed of hire status, with a hopeful start date during the week of October 21st (after Fall Break).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Aquinas College.