Did you know? Gas-fueled cars, trucks, and buses are a large contributor to air pollution in our region. The transition to Electric Vehicles (EVs) and Zero-Emissions Vehicles (ZEVs) contributes to a clean transportation future! The Accelerate to Zero (A2Z) Emissions Strategy seeks to accelerate public investment in EVs and ZEVs and encourage their use broadly across the San Diego region.
The A2Z Strategy document is like a roadmap: it will identify where ZEV equipment, like electric chargers, are needed in San Diego County and which leaders need to work together to install them. Help us work toward making EVs and ZEVs accessible for all by answering seven quick questions about the draft A2Z strategies below.
Currently, the draft A2Z strategies are:
- Increase the proportion of ZEVs on the road
- Install ZEV chargers equitably across the San Diego region, especially in rural areas and communities of concern
- Provide equitable and accessible opportunities to learn about ZEVs and ZEV infrastructure
- Provide ZEV workforce training opportunities
- Make the installation of ZEV infrastructure more straightforward and accessible
- Support government policies that encourage ZEV adoption
- Facilitate ZEV infrastructure in residential and commercial areas by creating new permit processes and updating building codes
- Ensure local utilities can handle an increase in ZEVs
- Increase the proportion of ZEVs in local government and business fleets
- Support collaboration across local governments to meet regional ZEV goals
These draft strategies build off of the Regional Gap Analysis
and reflect additional research and analysis done this year. Additionally, they are informed by the results of community engagement done in the Spring of 2022.
Thank you for providing your input to help us work towards making EVs and ZEVs accessible for all!