London Brawling 2020
Brawling needs a coaching team for the 2020 season!
This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of London Brawling, and represent London Roller Derby internationally and at home.
We are looking for a maximum of four coaches to join the leadership team (made up of captains and coaches) who will share the responsibilities outlined below and aid brawling to achieve their 2020 goals.
The Leadership team is voted in by London Brawling skaters to support and lead the team. We train and compete at a high level, and exist within a league of ambitious, hardworking, and dedicated coaches and skaters.
The role of coach covers all aspects of team management and tactical development for the season, which runs from approximately January to November 2020. You will form part of a dynamic game day bench staff of between two and four people - roles are flexible and can be adjusted to make best use of your skills to get maximum benefit for the team. We welcome applications from familiar and new faces, however we will be asking that you're able to attend regular training in London.
The window for applications closes on 27 October.
Specific responsibilities include
- Attend training sessions regularly; ensuring that at least one of the coaching staff will be at each advanced league and Brawling training session.
- Work with the captains to develop and implement strategy at training.
- Manage the bench and/or line ups as required on game day.
- Provide game day structure and processes; team meetings, warm-ups etc. This includes pre and mid game tactical adjustments, refocusing individuals or the team as required and helping to set the overall team energy level on the day.
Alongside the rest of the Leadership team (other coaches and captains), work to:
- Assess player strengths and weaknesses, pack dynamics and jammer options
- Develop proactive, strategic game-day line-up systems and tactics
- Provide feedback to the team and individuals
- Assist with selection of charters & game-day rosters
- Determine and assign responsibilities for administrative duties amongst the team
- Ensure that the WFTDA charter is up-to-date in good time for game roster submission
- Work with LRD’s coaches to define and implement training focuses
- Anticipate and plan for team needs throughout the year, specifically delivering intensive periods of training to achieve peak performance at critical times in the season
- Plan appropriate and relevant team footage review sessions and team meetings throughout the season as required to keep the team on track towards achieving their goals
Your real name
Your derby name
Tell us about your experience, skills and knowledge
Please write a statement of intent, detailing why you'd like to join Brawling and what you would bring to the team.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service