*To be considered for Recreation Instructor, applicant must be the age of 18*
SALARY: $19.11-29.52/hour (The salary range is subject to change. You may confirm the starting salary with the hiring department before accepting a job offer.)
Learn-to-Surf is a unique beach safety and fitness program designed to provide a bridge to the sport of surfing for Angelinos ages 10-17 years old. The program strives to provide opportunities for Angelinos to experience beach activities in a safe environment while learning about beach safety by utilizing body surfing, boogie boarding and surfing techniques to build self awareness, self-esteem all while making friends and having fun.
· Ensure all safety protocols, policies, and procedures are implemented and followed at all times
· Communicate effectively with all participating entities (participants, parents, coordinator, volunteers, staff)
· Ability to adapt to change and maintain professionalism while following directions given by Aquatics and/or Parks management
· Conduct and perform the following: parent/camper meeting, participant evaluations, assign training groups and training times, organize trip rosters, check-in and check-out participants/equipment
· Promote program involvement through the discovery of surfing, boogie boarding and bodyboarding by utilizing best practice methods and a progressive step-by-step approach
· Assist with additional duties as needed for the effectiveness of the program
· Ability to participate in all related activities: walking/standing for long periods of time, squatting, kneeling, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs of equipment, standing in inclement weather, 4-6 hours of sun exposure
· Transport participants from participating pools to the beach in a city van. Driver's Licenses are required.