2021 Web Almanac Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in contributing to the 2021 edition of the Web Almanac! Let us know how to reach you and what you're interested in doing. We will start assembling the team in early 2021 for a Q4 launch.
You can learn more about the lifecycle of a Web Almanac chapter in our contributor documentation:
Here's more info about the open roles:
Subject Matter Expert (Author):
- Responsible for providing an interpretation of the HTTP Archive data for specific chapters aligned with their area of expertise. For example, in the JS chapter, explain what the implications are for the number of bytes and CPU execution time to be rising. 1-2 paragraphs per metric are expected plus an intro and summary conclusion. Think of it like one blog post in a series written by many authors.
- During the planning phase, experts should ensure that their chapters contain the necessary metrics to accurately capture their state. Also help us identify if there are any metrics that we are currently unable to capture so we can work on getting them in place for next year’s edition.
- Time commitment: 20+ hours
See the Authors' Guide for more info:
- Responsible for providing feedback on the technical correctness of experts’ written interpretations and ensuring a consistent voice is followed throughout the report.
- Assist expert with brainstorming metrics during the planning phase.
- Time commitment: 10+ hours
See the Reviewers' Guide for more info:
- Responsible for writing queries to extract each metric used in the report. Results will be passed to experts for analysis.
- Time commitment: 12+ hours
See the Analysts' Guide for more info:
- Responsible for creating the responsive UX of the report including static landing pages and data visualization.
- Time commitment: 8 hours
- Responsible for the full stack including bringing the design to life and providing the infrastructure to serve content on App Engine.
- Developers are expected to include a11y and SEO best practices and ensure the report is extensible for i18n and future annual editions.
- Time commitment: 4+ hours (depending on how much work you want to take on).
See the Developers' Guide for more info:
- Responsible for translating the finished Almanac content from English into international languages like Japanese, Spanish, Russian, French, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Italian, and Polish (prioritized in that order).
- Time commitment: 4+ hours
See the Translators' Guide for more info:
- Responsible for a non-technical review of all chapters for proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Time commitment: 2+ hours
See the Editors' Guide for more info:
Strengths we should know about, for example: team leader, expert in [specific web technology], project manager, strong JS developer, web designer by trade, published author in [topic], etc.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of HTTP Archive.