To be selected as an Authors Unlimited volunteer you must be available from 9:00AM-3:00PM on Saturday, April 13, 2019. You must have your own transportation to and from St. Joseph’s College, 155 West Roe Boulevard, Patchogue, NY 11772.
Volunteering is your commitment. In the case of an emergency or illness, you (not your parent) are expected to call Jen Griffing at the South Huntington Public Library at (631) 549-4411 as soon as possible so we can find a replacement volunteer.
When signing up to volunteer at this event:• You must adhere to the hours you signed up for.
• You can not show up the day of the event and get community service hours unless you have been notified ahead of time that you have been selected to be a volunteer.
• You must check in and out with a librarian when you are arriving/leaving.
• You are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner while working with your author.
• At the end of the day you will receive a volunteer certificate listing your completed community service hours for the event.
• Teens must have ONE Character Reference filled out by a coach, employer, librarian, or teacher. References can be returned to your library's young adult librarian or mailed/scanned to: Jen Griffing, South Huntington Public Library, 145 Pidgeon Hill Road, Huntington Station, NY 11746, firstname.lastname@example.org
• In order to qualify for consideration both the online application and the character reference must be submitted. • The application deadline is March 15, 2019. References must be received no later than March 22, 2019.