We think mentoring is just as impactful to the mentor as it is to the mentee. Teenagers tend to model authenticity and resiliency in the face of adversity, which we adults could always use more of. It's extremely important to us that mentors understand their role and commitment. Please read below to learn about our mentor requirements.
Our mentors must possess the following qualities:
- Willingness to take initiative
- Sincere desire to make room in their life for a teenager
- Sincere respect for teenagers
- Active listener
- Able to see solutions and opportunities
- Ability to see another person's value and help them discover their potential
- At least 22 years of age
- FBI and BCI Background Check
- Be consistent in weekly meetings with student
- Study our training handbook in its entirety and comply with all requirements
- Attend Mentor Check-Ins and group activities (see time commitment)
- Keep mentee relationship confidential and safe (detailed in handbook)
- 1 hour weekly meetings for a minimum of 2 years
- Mentor/Mentee activities 7 times a year (replaces weekly meeting)
- Mentor check-ins 2 times a year (dinner and some training)
- Monthly logs about your meetings (5 minutes monthly)
If you're in, click Next below!
Feel free to email
for any questions.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service