Digital Storytelling Campus Survey
The UMBC Digital Storytelling Working Group is made up of faculty, staff, and students using DS in their teaching, research, and work. In the interest of providing workshops and trainings that will be of use to the campus community, please fill out the survey below to indicate your DS needs and interests. Please share this survey with anyone who might be interested. Please complete the form by Monday, October 21st.
The term Digital Storytelling can encompass many media and formats but for our purposes here, we are using the term as defined by the format's originators, Story Center, and used by many practitioners in the last two decades. Digital Storytelling as described here refers to a specific format of digital video made up of a simple personal narrative audio track coupled with images and videos.
If wish to join the UMBC Digital Storytelling Group, info can be found here:
The group's next meeting will be November 5th, 1:30pm in the Dresher Center Conference Room in the Performing Arts and Humanities Building. We welcome you!
Information about the 2020 International Digital Storytelling Conference to be held at Loughborough University in the UK:
1. What is your name?
2. What is your email?
3. What is your title and department?
4. What is your affiliation (check all that apply)?
5. Have you participated in a Digital Storytelling Workshop before?
6. Are you interested in participating in a Digital Storytelling Workshop?
7. What types of workshops and trainings interest you? (check all that apply)
Digital Storytelling Workshop (where participants would each create their own digital story while learning the tools)
A Train the Trainer Workshop (where those who already have some DS experience learn to provide workshops for others)
A workshop or discussion about using DS in courses
A workshop on new tech tools: cloud-based apps, mobile apps, etc.
A workshop or discussion about using DS in engaged scholarship or community engagement settings
8. What time of year would you prefer to participate in a 2 day DS workshop? Check all that apply
Right after the academic year ends in May
Weekends during the semester
Evenings during the semester
9. Do you use Digital Storytelling in your teaching, research, or work? Please tell us how.
10. If you would like to use DS in your teaching, research, or work, but you haven't yet what holds you back/prevents you from doing so?
11. What supports could you use in order to incorporate Digital Storytelling in your teaching, research, or work?
12. Please add any additional information or questions that might be helpful to the DS Working Group.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of UMBC.
Terms of Service