Call for Workshop Proposals
SoCal WESTOP 2021 Student Leadership Conference
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Theme - Pivoting into the Future of Learning to Strengthen CommUNITY in Adversity
You are invited to submit workshop proposals for this year’s SoCal WESTOP Student Leadership Conference. Play an active role in this year’s conference and help us make this event a success! In order for us to have a variety of workshops to offer at this year’s Student Leadership Conference, proposals need to fall into the following general strands or themes: 1) Leadership (ex. teamwork, identify your leadership style, public speaking), 2) Civic engagement and advocacy (ex. community service, connecting with local representatives) 3) Academic skill development (ex. technology literacy, time management, goal setting, math success), 4) Social and emotional learning/skill development (ex. networking, navigating office hours, finding a mentor) 5) Financial skill development (ex. understanding financial aid, grant writing, budgeting), and/or 6) Career development (ex. career planning, graduate school planning, interview skills, resume building, job search strategies)
• Proposals are due Monday, March 22, 2021;
• Please indicate if you have a specific time preference for your presentation(s);
• Requests will be accommodated whenever possible;
• Presenter should be a professional, current TRiO student or Alumni or have a college degree
• Neither honoraria nor expenses will be paid to program presenters;
• 45 min long (including Q & A);
• Accommodate between 20 to 40 middle, high school, college students, veterans, non-traditional adult learners
• All Selected presenters will be notified by Friday, April 2nd, 2021.
Interested in being a Workshop Presenter?
Please proceed with the Proposal Submission. Thank you!
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Eastside TRIO Programs.