RISE 2021 Speaker Proposal Form
The Religious and Independent School Educators Conference planning committee would like to invite you to submit a presentation proposal for the 37th Annual Conference. The virtual conference dates are Monday, November 8th, Tuesday, November 9th, and Wednesday, November 10, 2021. If you have any questions about the Conference or the presentation proposal form please email
Proposals must be received by August 15, 2021. The Steering Committee is responsible for reviewing all proposal submissions. You will be contacted by August 30, 2021 with the determination if your presentation has been accepted. Please hold the conference dates until you hear from the conference staff as to the status of your proposal. Please wait until after August 30th to contact the conference staff to inquire as to the status of your proposal.
2021 STRAND TOPICS
(please ensure your presentation clearly fits into one of the topics)
Leadership: Teaching and Learning:
ESSA Health and Wellness
Enrollment Management Technology
Fiscal Management Social Emotional Learning
Supervision Elementary Education (2-6)
Conflict Resolution Early Childhood (N-1)
Building and Maintaining high performing teams Middle & Secondary Education (7-12)
School Culture/Climate STEAM/STEM
ALL sessions are approximately 60 - 70 minutes in length.
Submitting your Proposal
Procedures and Guidelines
• Please note that this is a virtual conference, and all sessions will be live streamed utilizing Zoom.
• Please make sure the content of your description includes information on how your program (content,
materials, contact, etc.) will have sustainability.
• Please include information in your proposal as to how you will reference the status of teaching and learning,
how it has impacted your topic and information on how you see education moving forward.
• Unless you indicate otherwise, we will fulfill noncommercial requests for your name and contact information
from educators who wish to reach you.
• Persons presenting at NYSCIRS functions are expected to use material and language that do not
discriminate based on gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, or sexual orientation.
• The session TITLE should clearly describe exactly what the session is about and is no more than 10 words.
• In your session description please describe specific presentation techniques that you will be using—such as
interactive, lecture, or multimedia so that participants will know what kind of session they will be attending.
• Indicate whether electronic links to materials or videos will be available.
• Describe what you will be doing in the session and what the participants can expect to leave knowing.
***To Note*** All sessions will be held on the ZOOM Platform.
If you are submitting a proposal at the request of an organization, please indicate which one.
Diocese or Affiliate Organization (Jewish Education Project, Agudath Israel, Lutheran Schools Association, Christian Schools Association, Islamic Schools Association, etc.
Long Island PDRC
New York City PDRC
NYS Education Department
Upstate/Rest of State PDRC
Early Childhood Teachers (Nursery - grade 1)
Elementary Teachers (grades 2-5)
High School Teachers
Middle level Teachers (grades 6-8)
Special Area Teachers (Art, Music, Physical Education, Languages, CTE)
Special Needs Teachers
Session Description - Please be thorough, but mindful of space constraints. (information provided here will be included on the conference platform and in the program.)
Please select the most appropriate learning strand
Pedagogy - Grades 1 - 12 Instruction
Please rate your session for audience background and knowledge
Is your session interactive (participants will be asked to engage with the presenter, and/or you will be using breakout rooms.)
Is your session a webinar format where the audience is listening and learning?
Do you have access to a licensed ZOOM account that will be available for your use during your presentation time?
Do you give your consent to having your session recorded and made available during the conference?
Do you give your consent to having your session recorded and archived for attendees to view after the conference?
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service