GUIA Fall '20 Registration (Aug 14th)
The Graduate/Undergraduate Instructor Academy (GUIA) is designed to assist graduate adjunct instructors, instructional assistants, graduate assistants, lab instructors, teaching assistants, tutors, mentors, supplemental instructors, and more with instructional training and resources for the betterment of student success.
When? Aug 14th
Where? Online (in BlackBoard)
How long? 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The goals for the academy are to:
1) Provide student participants with quality, pertinent, and/or research based professional development (e.g. conflict resolution, classroom management, etc.)
2) Increase efficiency with institutional resources (e.g. pool campus resources for purchasing participant food, bring experts to one meeting for greater impact and consistency)
3) Make student participants aware of their legal/professional obligations (e.g. FERPA,Title IX)
4) Make student participants aware of the various support services across campus (e.g. Food Pantry, Counseling Center, etc.; Because students are more likely to relay needs and hardships to instructors their own age)
5) Provide participants with greater awareness of diversity in the classroom AND training to creating a more inclusive learning environment
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service