Ermin Ward Covid-19 Computer Aid
We can help older or less technologically-minded members of the community with computer, smartphone and internet troubleshooting or advice, and provide a patient and listening ear to help with teaching them how to get involved with helpful technology. We can do this over the phone, or we can travel to people’s houses within the following areas to pick up their devices to install software: Winistone, Brimpsfield, Elkstone, Syde and Caudle Green, Miserden, Edgeworth, the Duntisbournes, Whiteway, Birdlip and Daglingworth. We will then return these after thoroughly disinfecting them to protect everyone’s health!
Examples of things we can help with:
- Installing Skype or other video calling platforms and teaching how to use these to speak to family and friends
- Teaching and guidance on how to make phones or computers more accessible (by using dictation or larger text, for example)
- Showing someone how they can access online TV and radio using a computer, tablet or smartphone
- Setting up new devices for people to use and showing what can be done with them
- Getting someone set up with social platforms like facebook and WhatsApp and teaching them how to use these
- Teaching someone how to open email or WhatsApp attachments on their phone
- And other issues that people may encounter when adjusting to new technology.
What's your name?
Are you asking for help for yourself or for someone else?
For someone else
If you're asking for someone else, what's their name and your relationship to them?
What's your/their contact telephone number?
What's your/their email address, if you have one?
How would you/they prefer to be contacted?
Which village do you live in? NB. We are mostly helping in the following villages: Winistone, Brimpsfield, Elkstone, Syde and Caudle Green, Miserden, Edgeworth, the Duntisbournes, Whiteway, Birdlip and Daglingworth. If you live further afield, we can also provide help by telephone.
Is there any time of day that you'd prefer to be contacted?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service