Grants Manager - i.c.stars Chicago - Job Posting
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Grants Manager is responsible for researching, writing and submitting all Chicago, Milwaukee and expansion-related grant proposals and reports, conducting prospect research, maintaining the donor database, and assisting with donor relationship building. The ideal candidate will possess superb writing skills, an outgoing personality and an entrepreneurial spirit that embraces growth opportunities.
Founded in Chicago, i.c.stars is a growing technology workforce development program that prepares underserved young adults for technology careers and community leadership. In addition to corporate and philanthropic support, our training program is funded in part by i.c.stars’ social enterprise.
- Maintain current portfolio of corporate and foundation funders, ensuring on-time submission of requests.
- Research grant-making organizations and analyze them to identify likely funding sources for specific projects and programs.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization - its programs, financials and graduates; this includes recommending changes and enhancements to program and alumni surveys.
- Compile, write, and edit grant applications, demonstrating strong writing skills and a high-level command of grammar.
- Develop individual proposals in accordance with each grant-maker’s preferences and precise guidelines.
- Keep in contact with grant-making organizations during their review of a submitted grant application in order to be able to supply additional supportive material.
- Manage the process of supplying progress reports when required by a grant-maker
- Manage existing grants by: tracking grants; developing internal reporting systems; writing reports; maintaining excellent historical records; working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting proposal conditions and expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience writing grants
- This is a small development department, and it is critical that the Grants Manager be willing to jump in, learn quickly and go the extra mile.
- This individual must be able to work well under pressure and have a demonstrated exceptional ability to pay attention to details.
- Highly-developed writing, customer service and interpersonal/verbal communications.
- Superior organizational skills and techniques with dedication to detail and experience managing multiple deadlines and complex assignments.
- Passion for working under pressure in a fast-paced environment, independently and collaboratively in a professional manner.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce and Google Apps a plus
The work context is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of the work will be done in an office environment
The job may require some traveling in the Chicago area to conduct presentations and attend conferences and events
The position requires a 40 hour/week commitment
ORGANIZATION CULTURAL CONSIDERATIONS
i.c.stars|* emphasizes creating opportunities for others. It is the responsibility of the individual in this position to spread the infectious enthusiasm for the mission and vision of the organization to the community at large. It is essential that the job incumbent be goal oriented. The organization operates in a fast paced environment, so the ability to be flexible is crucial. The individual in this position will greatly enjoy the work and dedication required to create the Community Leaders of tomorrow.
LinkedIN profile link
After reading the job description, what are two assets you feel make you uniquely qualified to join the i.c.stars team as Grants Manager?
How would you go about identifying and pursuing an entirely new funding source for i.c.stars?
Explain the last time you took initiative and did something beyond your job description that proved successful.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of i.c.stars.