Waterway Cleanup Volunteer Registration
Event Timing: June 23rd 2019 from 7:00am - 10:00am
Contact us at (570)507-1902 or
Cleanup Location: Leggett's Creek Greenway - Green Ridge, Scranton
Thank you for participating in Electric City Aquarium & Reptile Den's Waterway Cleanup! Your participation is an integral part of our efforts to keep our local waterways beautiful!
Please take a moment to complete this volunteer registration. We will not distribute or release any information provided on this form. The undersigned volunteer does hereby release and discharge Electric City Aquarium & Reptile Den, it’s officers, directors, and employees, from any and all claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, suits, damage, obligations, liabilities, causes of action and judgments whatsoever, in law or in equity, which the undersigned volunteer may have arising out of, or in connection with, participation in the event. The undersigned volunteer does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injuries, including death and damage or loss to property, caused by or arising out of the participation in
the event. The undersigned volunteer does hereby give permission to be photographed by the event organizers or news media for any manner of publication including, but not limited to, newspaper or events sponsors’ newsletters or websites.
***The undersigned volunteer understands and will adhere to the volunteer guidelines listed below.
- Please make sure you sign in at the registration table when you arrive, and receive the necessary materials to do the cleanup.
- Volunteers may be working in sunny, hot, wet and dirty conditions and, in some cases, areas where there is heavy brush. It is strongly recommended that you wear protective clothing, closed-toe shoes such as old sneakers, and hats for sun protection. Insect repellent and sunscreen are also strongly recommended.
- Remove litter during daylight hours only.
- All trash bags should be left at the locations designated by the Electric City Aquarium Staff. Please make sure they are securely tied when full and placed for pick up.
- No consumption of intoxicating liquids, beverages, or illegal drugs will be allowed during the clean up or other community activity.
- Wear gloves and use caution when picking up sharp objects. Watch out for broken glass and metal.
- Do not pick up any type of hypodermic needles or other hazardous waste such as paint, used motor oil, tar balls, automobile batteries, etc. Note location and report it to Electric City Aquarium Staff.
- Do not lift anything too heavy. Report location of large debris such as motors and appliances.
- Do not approach large drums. They may contain hazardous wastes; even vapors can be harmful. Leave the drum and
report its location to Electric City Aquarium Staff.
- Avoid suspected hazardous substances or areas where herbicides were recently applied.
- Avoid areas where snakes, fire ants or other dangerous species may be located. If you encounter domestic animals
the best policy is to avoid them and leave them alone. Do not attempt to handle injured marine animals/birds. Report their location to your Electric City Aquarium Staff.
THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE CARE OF OUR ENVIRONMENT!
Full Name (I, the undersigned, agree to the above and the waiver of liability.)
Do you understand this liability waiver and all it entails?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service