PopShop Spring 2020 - Session One Registration
• PopShop Spring 2020 - Session One begins the week of Monday, January 27, 2020! Session One concludes with the SPRINGFEST 2020 CONCERT on Sunday, March 15 at 123 Pleasant St!
*There will be no classes the week of February 17-21. This week will serve as a makeup week for any missed rehearsals or inclement weather.
Classes offered PopShop Spring 2020 - Session One:
PopShop Performance Program –
• This program is geared toward players of all ages (8-adult) and musical abilities! Students meet for group lessons to create a set of music to be performed at a public concert(s). Students meet for 90 minutes a week for six weeks (9 hours of instruction). PopShop staff members carefully create groups based on age, ability and musical interests. Instructors provide musical instruction and impart the importance of teamwork, creative expression, and self confidence.
* A minimum of 4 players needed to form class. Rehearsals take place on stage with full PA and "back-lined instruments" (drums, keyboards, amplifiers, PA system, microphones) provided for students.
Instruments needed: Guitar(s), Bass Guitar, Keyboards, Drums, Vocalist(s), Wind Instruments. Other instruments can be incorporated. Please inquire about yours!
PopTech Program -
• (Beginner) Guitar and Bass Guitar Effects Pedal Class - This four week course will focus on three principles: the ability to distinguish and identify effects by hearing them, the understanding of hardware/circuits within most pedals, and the building of a guitar pedal of your choice (six options: distortion, fuzz, boost, treble boost, bass distortion, bass fuzz)! All materials will be provided.
• (Advanced) Guitar and Bass Guitar Effects Pedal Class - This four week course will cover the understanding and building of one of four Bookworm Effects' guitar pedals: The Atticus Finch Overdrive, the Pancake Trilobite 2xFuzz, the Laughing Man Optical Tremolo, or the Malta Kano Reverb! This class will cover more complicated circuits and we'll take our time building to make sure everything is good to go. All materials will be provided. Note: If you are a bassist, the Trilobite also sounds great on bass. It is not required that you'd taken the Beginner class, but it's preferable to have some soldering experience.
• Studio Recording Class - This six week course will cover hardware/software for recording, signal flow/routing, microphones and techniques, and then recording on a band in order to experiment with different methods!
• Audio Mixing Class - This four week course is a hands-on introduction to mixing sound for students at the beginner and novice levels. Learn the concepts of mixing live audio for bands, theater and speaking events, and also recorded music for albums, podcasts and film/video. **The class is recommended for most students before taking the six week Live Sound Engineering class.
• Live Sound Engineering Class - This six week course shows students how to run a PA and mix a live band. Learn everything from setup to sound check and show time to load out. **Most students with no prior experience using a sound board should consider the 4-week Audio Mixing Basics class before taking the full Live Sound Engineering class.
• Guitar and Bass Guitar Maintenance and Repair - This four week course is designed to give players of all levels a better understanding of their instrument and the hands-on experience of making their own guitar or bass meet their needs. Save time and money by learning how to "setup" and maintain your instrument!
Payments can now be made online. Go to
to pay online. (Note: A 4% processing fee is added to any online payments.)
PopShop tuition payments can be broken up into two installments. Payment one (half) is due on the first day of class. Payment two is due midway through the session. Please contact us if other arrangements need to be made!
If you have any additional questions, please let us know!
Thank you again for your continued support!
(required if student is under the age of 18)
(If over 18, "Adult" is acceptable.This is used to help place students with others of similar age.)
(used to send sheet music/mp3s for learning purposes)
Primary Phone #
Secondary Phone #
(please include voice if you are a singer)
(please include voice if you are willing to sing in any capacity)
Length of time that student has been playing his/her instrument(s)?
Classes Enrolling For PopShop Spring 2020 - Session One
Performance Program - 6 Weeks - $225
Live Sound Engineering Class - 6 weeks - $225
Studio Recording Class - 6 weeks - $200
Beginner Guitar and Bass Effects Pedal Class - 4 weeks - $160
Advanced Guitar and Bass Effects Pedal Class - 4 weeks - $185
Audio Mixing Class - 4 weeks - $135
Guitar and Bass Maintenance/Repair Class - 4 weeks - $135
Let us know if you have any days/times that will absolutely not work for you. This will be used to schedule your rehearsal time this session!
Let us know about your musical tastes (artists/songs that you like), as well as PopShop members that you would like to play with!
By completing this registration form, you hereby authorize PopShopWV Inc to publish the photographs/videos taken of the registrant (and name) for use in the PopShopWV's printed publications and website. (You may opt out of this agreement by checking the box below.)
I DO NOT GIVE POPSHOPWV PERMISSION TO USE MINE OR THE STUDENT I AM ENROLLING'S LIKENESS FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
New to Popshop? Please tell us how you heard about the program!
(Let us know who we should thank!)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Pop Shop.