Now you can make an appointment with one of the Durham Tech librarians for some one-on-one help!
What we can do:
- Give you a library refresher, including a tour and overview of our resources
- Help you with your research, both using books and online resources
- Teach you how to use databases (and when they're your best bet)
- Help you learn how to use Microsoft Office for formatting assignments
- Help you cite resources both in MLA and APA style
- Plan a collaborative instruction session (for instructors only)
- Go over resources that could be used for a specific course or assignment (instructors and students)
And much more!
We are unable to help proofread or edit the content of assignments or offer subject-area tutoring during these reservations. We are also unable to help you troubleshoot problems on your personal computer.
Appointments will be assigned to available librarians and must be made at least two days in advance. You will be emailed or telephoned back with confirmation of your appointment. If we are unable to help with your specific issue, we will let you know at this time. Please be prompt-- while we understand that circumstances may make you late or need to cancel the appointment, if you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation will be cancelled.
Please note that reservations are for the Main Campus library ONLY. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to set up a meeting with a librarian at either the Orange County or Northern Durham campus.