Global Geography & Cultures Year Pre-Assessment
1. What mountain range lies near the east coast of the United States?
2. Which region illustrated can be found in the United States?
Basin and Range
3. Canada and the United States have a trade agreement that allows products to freely travel in and out of each country without tariff charges. This agreement is called —
4. The United States and Canada were colonized by settlers from:
England and Italy
France and Italy
France and Portugal
England and France
5. In which city would a traveler be able to see the sites shown in this picture?
New York, NY
6. The country highlighted in black is —
7. South American lowlands have widespread grasslands known as —
8. Which mountain range is located on the west coast of South America?
9. Identify a region in South America that is subject to deforestation.
10. The ancient city pictured above is —
11. Which number on the map represents Great Britain?
12. What country is reclaiming land from the sea with polders?
13. Most European countries belong to a political organization that promises to act as one in times of military conflict. This organization is called —
14. Which question best completes the graphic?
15. The first two areas in Europe to institute democracy were Greece and —
16. Look at the map. - Which country is represented by number 1?
17. Which mountain range separates the Northern European Plain from the West SiberianPlain?
18. Which landform is included in Russia's Fertile Triangle?
19. Which of the following has helped to drastically improve the infrastructure of the Russia and Central Asian region?
trade routes across the Sahara Desert
a system of canals and bridges in the Ural Mountains
the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railroad
subways in all of Russia's major cities
20. The above structures are located in Red Square and are a part of the cultural landscape of ________.
The Middle East
21. Which country is NOT located in East Africa (the Horn of Africa)?
22. Sub-Sahara has an abundance of —
diamonds & gold
23. The primary economic activity that a large percentage of Sub-Saharan African countries are engaged in is —
24. Which of the following is NOT a center of culture and trade in Sub-Saharan Africa?
25. Which of the following statements accurately describes a savanna?
a region with Mediterranean temperatures and many shrubs
a desert with scattered sand dunes
a mountainous area with many cliffs
a tropical grassland with scattered trees
26. Which ancient civilization was located almost completely in modern day Iraq, between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers?
27. Which city contains these three religious monuments?
28. Which country is shaded in black?
29. What canal was built to enhance shipping routes in North Africa and Southwest Asia?
30. Use the map to determine the longest river in Africa.
31. What is the holy book of Islam?
32. In the Asian region, there have been great strides in agricultural advancements and technology which have enabled greater food production. These advancements have been called the —
Industrial Revolution of Asia
33. Which country is shaded gray on the map?
34. Who was the founder of Buddhism?
35. In what world regions would someone see this style of farming?
North African and Southwest Asian regions
South and Southeast Asian regions
Caribbean and Latin American regions
36. Which country is shaded gray on the map?
37. Which is the mountain range that India and China share?
38. Identify the best title for the graphic organizer.
Cultural Declines in East Asia
Cultural Heritage East Asia
Cultural Landscape of East Asia
Cultural Influences East Asia
39. What is the largest desert in East Asia?
40. Look at the picture below. This building was built in India in the 1600s. Members of which religious group controlled India at this time?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Henry County Public Schools.
Terms of Service