Citizenship Month is an initiative of the City of Houston's Office of International Communities. 2016 will mark the 8th year of celebrations. A committee of volunteer advisors collaborates with community partners to organize each year’s series of events. The University of Houston-Downtown is currently the Fiscal and main Co-Sponsor.
Terms and Conditions of Applying to Serve on the Citizenship Month Executive Committee:
• Applications for membership must be submitted to the Office of International Communities.
• Final approval for an application for membership will be given by the Mayor’s Office of Boards and Commissions.
• Committee members serve a term of two years.
• Members wishing to serve additional terms must resubmit an application for membership.
• The position of Co-Chair is nominated and appointed by the Mayor’s Office.
• Members cannot represent Citizenship Month at events or meetings without prior approval from the Chair and the Mayor’s Office.