ExpectoCon 2 Panel Applications
ExpectoCon - June 12-14, 2020 - Middleton, WI - Organized by Vector Art House, LLC
Introduction to ExpectCon 2
Hello and welcome back to the world of witches, wizards, and magical creatures! This year we are looking for panels/classes that stimulate the minds and magic of magic users of all ages. Special thought can be given to German and upper European myths and legends. All ideas are welcome, and we encourage you to submit an idea that you feel you would love to see and run. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Some Idea for Classes/ Panels
Here are some themes to think about for this year:
Classes you would see “AT” a wizarding school
Story telling classes –Think Wizard History
Film and TV discussion panels
Character Discussion panels
Special classes for small children
Special classes for adults only
Competitions/games: game room, duels, etc.
Participation classes: choir, art, dance, etc.
Here are the following types of presentations:
You would be creating powerpoint/keynote presentation for this this. It would involve finding photos, illustrations etc. to enhance your talk. We ask everyone who submits an idea like this understand the following:
1. We will need a PDF sent of the presentation by June 29th, 2020. This is a safety measure so we have a physical backup for you, otherwise you may bring your presentation on a thumb drive.
2. We also ask that you bring your own laptop or tablet that can interface with a HDMI projector.
3. If you have your own connectors please bring them as well. If not please tell us the make and model of your laptop so we can make sure we have a cord that will work.
This is a basic talk. Stand and pontificate/ orate/ monologue/ lecture. No visuals: just you and the audience. Presenting an idea or talk usually about something historic or where you can relate the information to the audience in a fun, memorable way.
This is an instructional talk / demonstration. These classes are for those who want to teach HOW TO do something. Usually involving a Victorian/Edwardian skill or craft. Some people charge fee’s for supplies, we call these classes “make and Take” and they are quite well liked. If you require a projector though you would not be in the normal makers room, as we are limited to 3 projectors. Unless you would like to bring your own-that is fine. The maker’s room will be once again behind the restaurant on the main floor. If your craft involves glue-paint etc. We must know up front as to cover the floor in case of accidents. Also if it is for all ages or for just adults.
This is a performance, competition, or a general small show. Entertainment in the past have been dances, fashion show, musical performance, burlesque, competitions, duels, and others. Because these are usually more complicated to do, the sooner you can submit your application to request for certain equipment and amenities, the easier it us to help coordinate.
Criteria and Rules
1. You must be a member of the convention (attendee, vendor, or guest).
2. Each presentation is 1 hour and 15 minutes in length.*
3. You must supply your own laptop/computer for AV presentations
4. All AV Presentations must be sent to us as a PDF by June 29th, 2020 (or on a thumb drive at the convention)
5. All presentations after 9:00pm will be considered Adult-and properly marked on the schedule-unless otherwise noted.**
6. We encourage panels of diversity and acceptance, but do not allow discord. So please theme your panels accordingly.
7. We will need panels dedicated to smaller children such as storytelling or craft stations.***
8. Please make sure you fill out a panel submission FOR EACH panel you wish to do.
*75 minutes total. 60 minutes to present, 10 minutes for questions and 5 minutes for cleanup (unless you are in a makers class). We expect people to run on time and make sure that they have everything ready prior to the talk. We suggest being in the room 15 minutes early.
**Adult programming: Children ages 17 and under will not be admitted.
***Children programming: Parents/guardians must still accompany children at all times.
The cut off for panel submissions is May 1st, 2020, however we will begin contacting people starting April 1st to assemble the schedule.
The more flexible you are with your time, the better chance you have at being accepted.
Please contact us with ALL QUESTIONS AND ISSUES pertaining to programming and ideas (this application, Facebook page, or
). We understand when people have emergencies and cannot make it at the last minute, but we also need to fill these spots as soon as possible. We will keep a waiting list just in case we can fit more panels into the schedule.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service