If we can get you into the parade we will be in touch regarding payment.
Thanks for all of your support for such a fun community event!
• $20 fee for each float/unit - As we must pay for using the parade route, using Legion Field, and closing roads and the square, we unfortunately will not be able to donate all of the entry fees to charity as we have done in the past. However, all proceeds above our expenses will go to local charities. Checks payable to "Covington Lions Club" may be mailed to John Braden, Covington Lions Club, PO Box 829, Covington, GA 30015. (We will send you this mailing information again with your confirmation number). If we do not receive your payment by December 1, 2016 (or we have not made prior arrangements) you may lose your spot in the parade.• Candy must NOT be thrown from floats - this rule will be strictly enforced this year! Violators may be asked to leave the parade and may be restricted from entry into future parades. Safety of all is a top priority and children try to dart into the street to get the candy.• Horses MUST wear diaper/bun bags OR provide a walker with clean up tools and wagon or container.
• Parade begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, December 3, 2016• Entrants who want to be judged must be lined up by 8:30 am• ALL entrants must be lined up by 9:30 am
• This year’s parade is limited to 100 entries• Deadline for entry is November 19, 2016 OR when we reach 100 entries, whichever comes first. We fill up fast so enter early!!!• An entry consists of one vehicle OR one vehicle pulling a float• Total length of entry not to exceed 40 feet
• Parade lineup is "First-In, First-Out" meaning that entrants will be put into the parade in the order they arrive at Newton Drive with their finished float
• Parade route is from lineup on Newton Drive (near YMCA and Sharp), left on Anderson, right on Floyd/Clark through square, left on Lee, left on Washington/College, right on Church, left on Conyers, left on Mill back to Newton Dr. Total distance for full loop is 2.15 miles.