Presenter ExpectationsConference delegates are looking for different experiences and ways of working. They like material that is not obvious and expect excellence from our presenters. Preparation is one of the most important factors in delivering a successful session at GOVIS. Please keep the following in mind when submitting your presentation outline.
- The proposed outline you submit now must match the talk you actually present at GOVIS
- Vendors wishing to respond must partner with a government agency and make a joint submission with the agency leading the presentation. The submission of presentations which are obviously marketing products or services will not be considered unless strong partnership can be demonstrated. The selection panel is very sensitive to this and any obvious marketing or product presentations will not be considered
- We recommend you commit at least 25 hours to prepare your session
- We strongly encourage you to rehearse the delivery of your presentation for it to be effective; preferably in front of your peers
- Your presentation materials must be completed and submitted to us 3-4 weeks before the conference. The submission date will be confirmed when your presentation is accepted
- If you’re relatively new to presenting then we encourage you to sign up to the free professional presentation training when your presentation is accepted.
Presentation OptionsIn total there are 20 presentation slots and the timeframe ranges from 40-75 minutes. The longer sessions tend to focus on a keynote or plenary session which involves presenting to all delegates (approx. 250). The 40 minute sessions are smaller in size with participation ranging from 30-40 delegates. The quality of your response will also influence what type of speaking slot is allocated by the selection panel.
Main ContactTo begin the submission process, please enter below the contact details for the main contact that the selection committee will use to contact presenters about the progress of their submission. A response receipt will be sent to this email address on completion of the submission.
1. Introduce yourself2. Your topic and why you’re passionate about it3. How does your presentation inspire others and what is one thing you’d like delegates to takeaway.
You have 3 minutes to “wow” the selection committee about your personality and presentation skills. The video does not need to be professional – a phone or webcam video is acceptable. If you choose not to submit a video then your presentation description must cover #2 and #3.
Call for Presentations opens: 12 December 2017Call for Presentations closes: 13 February 2018Papers selected, presenters confirmed: 29 March 2018Conference: 21-22 June 2018
Telephone: +64 4 562 8259Email: firstname.lastname@example.org