Submit Your Talk for Scylla Summit
SCYLLA SUMMIT 2019 is coming to San Francisco on November 4-6!
GOT A REAL-TIME BIG DATA STORY TO SHARE?
Our sessions will cover real-world Scylla use cases, roadmap plans, technical product demonstrations, integrations with the NoSQL ecosystem, training sessions, the latest Scylla news, and much more.
EVENT DETAILS & CALL FOR SPEAKERS SCHEDULE
Dates: November 4-6, 2019
Location: Parc 55 Hilton San Francisco, CA
Submissions Deadline: June 28th, 2019
Acceptance Notifications Sent: July 26, 2019
Speakers receive complimentary admission to the 2-day summit and the 1-day pre-summit Training Day on November 4th.
WHAT OUR USERS WANT TO HEAR ABOUT MOST
REAL-WORLD USE CASES
Everything from design and architecture considerations to POCs, to production deployment and operational lessons learned, including...
* Practical Examples for Vertical Markets — Ad Tech, FinTech, Fraud Detection, Customer/User Data, eCommerce, Media/Multimedia, Social, B2B or B2C Apps, IoT, and more
* Migrations — How did you get from where you were in the past to where you are today? What were the limitations of other systems you needed to overcome? How did Scylla address those issues?
* Hard Numbers — clusters, nodes, CPUs, RAM and disk, data size, growth, IOPS, throughput, latencies, benchmark, and stress test results (think graphs, chart, and tables)
* War Stories — what were the hardest Big Data challenges you faced? How did you solve them? What lessons learned can you pass along?
TIPS AND TRICKS
From getting started to performance optimization to disaster management, tell us your devops secrets, or unleash your chaos monkey!
* Computer Languages and Dev Environments — What your favorite languages and tools? Are you a Pythonista? Doing something interesting in Golang or rust?
* Is This Open Source? — Got a Github repo to share? Our attendees would love to walk your code
* Integrations into Big Data Ecosystem — Share your stack! Kafka, Spark, other SQL and NoSQL systems; time series, graph, in-memory integrations (think “block diagrams”)
* Seastar — At the heart of Scylla, the Seastar infrastructure can be used for other projects as well. What sort of systems architecture challenges are you tackling with Seastar?
8 TIPS FOR SUBMITTING A SUCCESSFUL PROPOSAL
Help us understand why your presentation is the right one for Scylla Summit 2019. Please keep in mind that this event is made by and for deeply technical professionals. All presentations and supporting materials must be respectful and inclusive.
1. Be authentic. Your peers need original ideas with real-world scenarios, relevant examples, and knowledge transfer
2. Give your proposal a simple and straightforward title
3. Include as much detail about the presentation as possible
4. Keep proposals free of marketing and sales
5. We tend to ignore proposals submitted by PR agencies and require that we can reach the suggested participant directly. Improve the proposal’s chances of being accepted by working closely with the presenter(s) to write a jargon-free proposal that contains clear value for attendees
6. The best sessions are concise and focused—overviews aren’t great in this format, the narrower your topic is, the deeper you can dive into it, giving the audience more to take home
7. Explain why people will want to attend and what they’ll take away from it
8. Live demos sometimes don’t go as planned, so we don’t recommend them
Submit Your Proposal
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of ScyllaDB.
Terms of Service