2020 Holocaust Educator Study Tour Application
1. Be a classroom teacher, school board official, college/university teaching faculty or teacher candidate enrolled at an accredited faculty of education in Canada, and demonstrate that you are in good academic standing. Please inquire if you are an educator in another facility or educational setting. Please note: priority is given to applicants teaching at the high school level, and to those who are less than seven years away from retirement.
2. Submit one letter of recommendation (preferably with your application). The letter should be from a faculty member at the university or college if you are a teacher candidate. If you are a working teacher/school board official or educator, the letter can be from a professional colleague or an administration representative.
3. Submit a personal statement explaining your interest in this program.
4. Make a commitment to participate in the complete educational component of the program prior to and during the trip, including participating in orientation sessions, attending conference calls (if applicable), and reading assigned material.
5. Provide concrete examples of how you will demonstrate a commitment to include Holocaust education in the classroom and/or promote Holocaust education following the program.
6. Agree to abide by the code of conduct established by the Holocaust Educator Study Tour.
* Priority will be given to those who have not experienced a similar educational study trip or participated in a previous HEST.
Deadline: February 20, 2020
Checklist to Submit:
Application form with personal information
A letter of recommendation (please see separate link and share it with the reference)
Completed personal medical form
Complete payment information form (including subsidy request if applicable)
Your application will be submitted automatically upon completion of this online form. You will receive a confirmation email upon successful completion.Alternately, you can print out the application form and mail all supporting documents to the address below. Please keep a copy for your own records.
Sarah and Chaim Neuberger Holocaust Education Centre
Sherman Campus, 4600 Bathurst Street, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M2R 3V2
Attn: Maximilian Murg
Fax: 416.635.0925 |
All applicants will be notified by March 06, 2020
Exact travel itinerary will be available to applicants by March 29, 2020. Please note: The itinerary is always subject to change.
Poland: Includes visits to Warsaw, Krakow and Lublin, as well as the death camps of Auschwitz-Birkenau, and Majdanek.
Page 1 of 10
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service