Schools and Libraries: Please use the online Nomination Form below to submit your nominations. We are now accepting nominations for the 2018 MCBA book list. Nomination made before February 1, 2018 will be considered for the 2018 MCBA list.
Publishers Only: Please send copies of eligible books to:
Dr. Cami Condie
Salem State College
352 Lafayette Street
Salem, MA 01970
Please see eligibility requirements below.
The following guidelines should be kept in mind when nominating books:
1. Chapter books (no picture books);
2. Various genres, including non-fiction;
3. Available in paperback by April before the award year;
4. Originally published within five years of the award year;
5. Of high literary value;
6. Inclusive of diverse cultures;
7. Appealing to 4th, 5th, and 6th graders;
8. Able to be read by strong, average, and weak readers in grades 4, 5, and 6. Focus on the interests of the target age group and maintain a balance among books of interest to both boys and girls. An author may only be listed once on the list.
Ineligible titles: past MCBA winners and titles on previous master lists
Previous Master Lists are available on our website: www.salemstate.edu/education/mcba/