As I plan out my stops, it's important that each leg of the tour can pay for itself. Your honest answers to the questions below will help me create an adventure that nourishes everyone who participates, while keeping me fed as well. :)
There are a lot of benefits to being an Living Room Tour host:
- You'll get an intimate concert or workshop/gathering right in your own home!
- You’ll have the opportunity to give your friends and loved ones an afternoon or evening to remember.
- If you host a house concert, you get to be a part of a very special live recording series (every house concert on this tour will be recorded and released as a live “bootleg” recording to commemorate the tour! “Live from [your house]!”)
If you're one of the hosts for the Living Room Tour, we'll work closely together to design an event that utterly delights you and your guests. I can offer a concert, a participatory workshop, or we can create a reading or art-share or talent-show/salon-style event, or any combination of the above!
I will also provide you with a detailed guide of how to EASILY and SIMPLY host a house concert or other event, without spending a lot of money.
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU
What I most need from you for up front is an idea of the TIMING of the kind of event you'd like to host, and the NUMBERS of guests you anticipate will come. If I decide to visit your home for the tour, we will determine the "suggested donation" amount for the event together.
ALTERNATIVELY: If you would prefer not to charge your guests, I'm happy to agree on a reasonable flat fee.
As a host, you can:
- Host a weekend evening house concert or other event (more info: http://www.concertsinyourhome.com/CIYH_HouseConcertGuidex.pdf#4)
Typical "suggested donation" of $15-20, depending on your community.
- Host a mid-week Dinner and Song-style event (more info: http://www.dinnerandsong.com/resources/DNS-onesheet.pdf)
Typical "suggested donation" of $10-15, depending on your community.
- Host a half- or full-day weekend event (usually a 3 to 6 hour workshop with activities led by me, or co-led by me and someone else) Typical "suggested donation" of $30-100 for a half-day, or $60-200 for a full-day, depending on your community.
- Host a longer workshop, spanning 2 or more days. Typical "suggested donation" varies, depending on your community and the length of the workshop.
Hosts are responsible for providing the venue, chairs, etc., plus room and board for me for the night. You may also choose to provide food or snacks for the guests, but that is entirely optional!
I'm also looking for transportation between tour stops, so if you're able to provide that, too, that's great! :)
Thanks again for filling out this application. I'm so excited that you're interested in being a co-producer of the tour! I'll be in touch soon!
PS - I LOVE both cats and dogs!!! And kids!!! :)