2020 Healthy Neighborhood Award Nominations
Do you know an organization or individual who is doing exemplary work to create positive social impact and build/maintain healthy neighborhoods in the Pittsburgh region? Nominate them for a Healthy Neighborhood Award in one of the categories below. Awardees will be recognized at the 4th Annual Healthy Neighborhoods Celebration in the fall of 2020, which honors and celebrate examples of exemplary work being done to create positive social impact across Pittsburgh. Each awardee will be gifted a professional video created to help them document and share the story of how they are creating Healthy Neighborhoods across the region!
1. Market Confidence: Neighborhoods with market confidence have a strong housing market for all income levels and a thriving business district that contributes to rising housing values and residential sales prices. The community manages market forces to prevent displacement of people and local businesses and the neighborhood is a place where people want to live and invest time, resources and capital.
2. Quality of Life: Neighborhoods that have a high quality of life are places where residents are able to access the larger economy and quality neighborhood amenities. They are able to build assets, accumulate wealth and connect to economic opportunities and their neighborhood is safe and the environment and social determinants of health positively impact the well-being of families and neighbors.
3. Neighborhood Image: Neighborhoods with a celebrated image are places that are visually appealing and desirable to all, celebrating neighborhood pride and attracting new people and investment while retaining new and long-term residents.
4. Community Ownership: Neighborhoods with community ownership have residents, small business owners, community organizations and institutions serving as active participants and key decision-makers in neighborhood revitalization projects. Local residents and leaders have the capacity and community power to create positive change and shape the future of their neighborhood.
5. Equitable Development: A neighborhood that prioritizes equity is one where everyone participates in and benefits from the region’s economic transformation — especially low-income residents, communities of color, immigrants, and other at risk of being left behind. Equitable development requires an intentional focus on eliminating racial inequities and barriers and making investments that yield healthy, safe and opportunity-rich neighborhoods that reflect their culture.
Phone Number (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Please select ONE of the following categories for your nomination
Quality of Life
Name of Nominated Organization/Individual
If you are nominating an individual, please include what organization they represent, if applicable.
If not applicable, just enter n/a
Contact information for Nominated Org/Individual
Please enter an email address and/or phone number
Using the definition above, briefly describe how this nominee is contributing the selected award category:
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Neighborhood Allies.