SLI 2020 Facilitator Application
Chinatown Youth Initiatives’ Summer Leadership Institute empowers New York City high school youth with the knowledge and skills necessary to address the needs of Asian Americans, and other underrepresented communities. Through a series of workshops held every Saturday for high school and early undergraduate youth to engage in exploratory activities and discussions, SLI’s workshops aim to facilitate identity and leadership development as well as enhance awareness of issues affecting underrepresented communities. By providing a safe and supportive environment, we work to build a pipeline of young leaders and activities by strengthening awareness of community issues.
• Work with Program Coordinator to plan 7 weekly workshops
• Facilitate youth workshops, discussions, and activities
• Attend weekly staff meetings to plan workshops
• Research workshop topics, statistics and other relevant information for workshops
• Expected to contribute 10 hours per week to program (includes weekend workshops)
• Commitment to the mission and goals of Chinatown Youth Initiatives
• Some familiarity with history of and issues facing Asian Americans and underrepresented communities
• Some college experience or rising senior in high school
• Commitment to youth leadership development, empowerment and Asian American issues.
• Ability to relate to young people with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
We invite applications from high school seniors, college students, and recent graduates who are passionate about issues affecting the Asian American diaspora, including but not limited to immigration/belonging, gender/sex/sexuality, and sustainable communities (including Chinatown). Facilitators should be ready to taken on the rewarding challenge of working with a team of amazingly dedicated facilitators to raise social consciousness among Asian American youth.
***Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until April 1, 2020. We encourage you to apply early!
Can be full name and/or preferred name
Date of Birth
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Chinatown Youth Initiatives.