Leadership Beaver Dam Class of 2023-2024
INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
To apply for Leadership Beaver Dam:
1. Read through the Expectations and Requirements Sheet.
2. Complete the following Leadership Beaver Dam application and send a $50.00 non-refundable, commitment fee - 9% of the total cost - to:
Beaver Dam Chamber of Commerce
Leadership Beaver Dam Program
127 S. Spring Street
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
To ensure the quality of this program, class size is limited, so the timely return of your application is encouraged. Applicants will be notified as to whether or not they have been accepted in the program.
Early Bird Discount - Save $50.00 by submitting $500.00 and a completed application by May 31, 2023:
Participant Expectations and Requirements:
1. Each participant is expected to pay the remaining $500 tuition cost upon acceptance into the program. This fee covers all instruction costs, class materials, morning refreshments, lunch meals, and the Orientation Dinner and Graduation Dinner costs. Beaver Dam area businesses and organizations are encouraged to underwrite the cost of tuition for individuals they send. Financial constraints will not automatically eliminate the possibility of being accepted as a participant in the program. If fees are an obstacle for your involvement, please indicate this in your application (question #8) and options will be discussed with you confidentially.
2. Each participant is required to attend the following sessions:
a. An introductory Orientation class in September which includes a continental breakfast with LBD Alumni, Chamber staff, and support personnel.
b. Monthly day-long training sessions (September - May) held at various Beaver Dam locations. (See class schedule for details.
c. Graduation Reception in May.
3. Each participant is required to work collaboratively on a group project as a part of their LBD work. Groups will be required to provide a report in April and make a presentation of their project at the May Graduation Reception. Participants may need to commit to additional hours outside of class time with their group members throughout the year in order to complete the group project in a timely manner. The personal and community rewards will be worth participants’ efforts.
4. Each participant will be required to attend one service or civic group (ie Rotary Club) regular meeting between September and the end of April. If there is any fee for a meal associated with the meeting, then LBD will cover the cost. Participants will be required to report out on their experience. Participants may attend by themselves or in small groups with other LBD participants. Participants must ask to attend a group as a guest ahead of their visit; the Chamber has contact information & meeting days and times.