Thank you very much for considering judging the Italian National Rounds, which will be held in Milan, from 6 to 9 February 2019, hosted by Università degli Studi di Milano.
Before filling the registration form in, please read the important information below:
1. Judging -- If you are interested in judging, please indicate your anticipated availability for all days of the competition. We will do our best to accommodate your requests.
2. Memorial Grading -- Volunteers who grade written memorials may complete their service without attending the competition. Memorials will be sent via email, and the scores can be returned by email. You will be provided with a bench memo and all other information about grading. Although not strictly required, preference will be given to judges who will also attend the oral rounds, as to allow them to prepare for the competition. Preference will also be given to judges who are able to score higher number of memorials, in order to ensure consistent grading.
3. Funding -- Unfortunately the administration of the Italian National Rounds does not dispose of sufficient funds to grant reimbursement of travel expenses to judges. Nonetheless, discounted rates are agreed on with an hotel in Milan, and lunches and dinners will be provided throughout the competition.
4. VISA -- The Italian National Rounds will be hosted by Università degli Studi di Milano, but Jessup Italy is not affiliated to it, or to any other university or association. As such, we are unable to provide judges with administrative support to request a VISA.
4. Travel arrangements -- Please note that, due to the high number of volunteers we had in previous years, filling in the registration form does not automatically entail you will be judging the Italian National Rounds. A confirmation email will be sent to you asap. Please do not finalise your travel arrangements before receiving such confirmation.