Business English Test
Your Phone Number?
1. FINEFOODS / Agent required for nationwide distribution. Some experience in food retail an advantage. Refrigerated van provided. / Finefoods requires an agent to:
deliver goods all over the country
to be a specialist in food distribution
to own a suitable vehicle for delivery
2. Staff should tell Jane Fellows
how many people have enrolled for the course
which of the courses they have decided to do
if they are interested in doing a course
3. To: All staff / From: HR Department / Please remember that your manager must agree any holiday dates before you complete a form. / Why is the HR department sending this email?
to tell managers about a problem
to ask staff for some information
to explain how something is done
4. Phone Neil Smith at our showroom for a free quotation, or to arrange a visit from our representative.
obtain information about the company’s prices
speak to the representative about special offers
arrange a visit to the showroom
5. In a meeting you hear some say, ‘let’s wrap this up’, what do they mean?
They want to gift wrap a present for the boss.
It’s time to order taco wraps (a type of Mexican food).
It’s time to finish the meeting.
They want to sum up what people have already spoken about.
6. A ………… company is an outside company with whom your company has a business relationship.
7. What does ‘I dropped the ball’ mean?
I have an idea for a new business strategy.
I made a mistake.
I made a good suggestion.
I am taking sports lessons.
8. If you own a lot of stock in a company, you are considered one of its ………………. .
9. One of our corporate objectives is to develop ………………. relationships with key customers.
10. You have to be less competitive and more ……………..
11. In a meeting, your boss asks for ‘a show of hands’. What must you do?
Vote on an idea by raising your hand if you agree.
Try to gain your boss’ attention by waving your hand in the air.
Take your pen in your hand to show your boss that you are taking notes.
Show your boss that you have clean nails. It’s very important to be neat at work.
12. IBM provides a variety of networking ………….. for clients.
13. What do you do? I work …………… .
14. Your boss says to you ‘My hands are tied.’ What does this mean?
They need your help.
You need to follow their advice.
They can’t help you with your problem.
You must give them a hand.
15. Complete the sentence with the correct word. / We are very interested in …………. with you.
16. In business, ……………….. is either a period in which some kind of machinery isn’t working, or a slow period.
17. Complete the sentence with the correct word. / Due to the economic crisis, lots of companies are declaring …….
18. To ‘take the minutes’ in a business meeting means:
To write down what time the meeting starts and finishes.
To time the meeting.
To write down who says what in the meeting.
To make sure that the meeting finishes on time.
19. What does ‘It’s out of the question’ mean here? / Employee: Can I go home early? / Boss: It’s out of the question.
Your boss didn’t understand your question.
No, you can’t.
You need to ask to go home in a more polite way.
You need to work harder.
20. What does ‘pull your weight’ mean?
To put more things in your briefcase.
No, you can’t.
To make sure you lose weight.
To work as hard as other people.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service