SRSWC 2020 Call for Presenters
The Southern Region Student Wellness Conference is an exciting multi-day experience attracting between 500 and 600 attendees annually. It’s designed to empower behavioral health professionals, administrators, educators, and school law enforcement to create positive change on school campuses. The SRSWC features nationally recognized keynote speakers and engaging breakout sessions based on the “Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child” (WSCC) framework. Year after year, it draws a loyal following of participants eager to learn about – be empowered by – and be able to implement the latest ideas, best practices, and approaches in the whole child approach.
You are invited to submit a proposal to share your knowledge and experience in topics that promote the “Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child (WSCC)” approach with behavioral health professionals, school administrators, educators, and school law enforcement at the 2020 Southern Regional Student Wellness Conference (SRSWC).
The Southern Regional Student Wellness Conference focuses on integrating health services and programs more deeply into the day-to-day life of schools and students as a tool for raising academic achievement and improving learning for all students. The Conference will offer five (5) Conference Strands: · Strand 1: Counseling, Psychological & Social Services, Foster and Homeless Youth · Strand 2: Family and Community Engagement · Strand 3: Social-Emotional School Climate/School Safety · Strand 4: Health Education/Nutrition Education/Physical Education & Activity · Strand 5: Personal Wellness/Self Care
Proposals for the SRSWC must link breakout session proposal content and learning objectives to at least one of the strands listed above. We are interested in all breakout session proposals which can contribute to the focus and vision of the conference and we are especially interested in breakout session proposals which have been or can be approved for continuing education units for one or more of the disciplines:
• Strand 1: American Psychological Association (APA): Psychologist
• Strand 2: Board of Registered Nursing (BRN): Nursing
• Strand 3: California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP): Alcohol & Drug
• Strand 4: California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT): Licensed Clinical
Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists
• Strand 5: Certified School Staff
• Strand 6: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Proposal Submission Timeline
This year's conference will be held July 27, 2020 to July 31, 2020 at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert. If you are interested in being considered as a presenter for SRSWC 2020, please observe the following timeline:
· Submission process opens: November 1, 2019
· Submission process closes: December 31, 2019
· Notification of acceptance/wait list: February 3, 2019
· Submission of Session presentation and handouts for website and review for CEUs: February 17, 2019
Selected Breakout Sessions
The SRSWC does not provide speaking fees for breakout session presenters. In exchange for presenters sharing their expertise and knowledge with conference attendees, we offer presenters the following:
· Complementary conference registration for a maximum of 2 presenters. This includes access to all events for the day of breakout session proposal.
· Breakfast and Lunch for the day of breakout session for a maximum of 2 presenters
· Assistance with certifying the breakout session for possible continuing education units
· Discounted hotel room rates to stay additional days if desired
All submissions will be carefully considered for possible selection. The Southern Region Student Wellness Conference Planning Committee will not accept proposal submissions that are primarily designed to market products, services, books or curriculums. Proposals submitted should provide an educational focus for the benefit of conference attendees.
If you have any questions in regards to the breakout session selection process, please contact us at
(909) 252-4067 or email us at
Page 1 of 2
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools.