All members of the community are encouraged to nominate a candidate for this award. Scottsdale Leadership alumni may nominate a candidate, but are not eligible as candidates for this award. Nominees must exemplify the following:
- Leadership and community service values- Active leadership within the Scottsdale community for a substantial number of years in volunteer roles- Spirit and intent of Herb Drinkwater's passion and commitment to the community.
Nominees must meet these criteria:
- Community Service and Involvement: a record of volunteer community service which demonstrates commitment to Scottsdale Leadership's core values of Engagement - Inclusion - Connection - Courage - Stewardship
- Leadership: recognition by others as a community leader. Accomplishment of significant goals through the nominee's leadership.
- Consistency of Community Involvement: volunteer involvement occurring over an extended period of time.
- Humanitarian Values: the nominee exemplifies warmth, caring and concern for those of varying backgrounds and constituencies and can work well with different groups of people.
Letters of Support: once this form is submitted, members of the community may write brief letters of support for the nominee. Letters must be received by September 17, 2018, mailed to: Scottsdale Leadership, 10533 E. Lakeview Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85258-4965 or submitted by email with the subject line: Drinkwater Letter of Support to firstname.lastname@example.org.