NOTE: Auditions for this show are open to youth grades 8 through 12. Crew membership is open to youth grades 6 through 12. Recent high school graduates (and other adults) are welcome to serve on the production team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Crew members need to register too! Scroll down to complete registration. One is needed for each crew member.
ON AUDITION DAY
• Check in at the lobby desk between 8:30am and 9am to confirm receipt of online registration, liability form, and to have a photo taken. If these are not complete, you may not participate.
• Crew space is limited due to backstage space constraints. Recently we had over 20 children apply to crew. We typically don't need more than a handful. Signing up to crew is not a guarantee of acceptance. Selected crew members will be included on the cast announcement.
• A full character list can be viewed on our audition notice here. Note that these details are subject to change depending on casting.
AUDITION NOTICE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kUOBrauFUCb8d_HXtndCKsBHdnly3ZKv
• Be sure your child wants to learn about theatre and wants to share the stage. Wylie Acting Group participants are encouraged to learn all aspects of theatre: small parts, big parts, crew work and more. Come ready to learn and be a part of something great. Being willing and able to share the spotlight is important for any performer.
• Auditions for Mary Poppins include a performed self-selected, memorized one-minute monologue, a vocal audition from song list, and dance audition. Please do not bring props to the audition. Also, the casting committee requests that you do not wear costumes or face paint.
• Check in at the lobby desk at 8:30 am for registration confirmation and to have a photo taken. We anticipate releasing most performers by 1pm but cannot guarantee that. Please be on time and stay until released. The casting committee will select some performers to stay and read from the script. We will offer breaks, so be sure to bring snacks and water to drink.
• Be on your best behavior and respect other performers - DO NOT TALK WHILE OTHERS ARE AUDITIONING.
• The audition schedule will proceed as follows: - Auditions will begin when all performers have completed the check in process. - Each youth will perform their prepared monologue. - 10 minute break - Vocal Audition - song of choice. - Dance Audition - no preparation required, simple dance steps taught at audition All times are approximate.
It is extremely important that your child attend all rehearsals (unless previously disclosed at time of auditions). It is possible that a few additional rehearsals on Friday evenings will be scheduled if needed.
I, on behalf of myself, my personal representatives, heirs, assigns and anyone else acting on my behalf, hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY and CONTRACT NOT TO SUE WAG, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, representatives, employees, consultants, agents, promoters, sponsors, advertisers and attorneys (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys fees), whether known or unknown, which in any way arise out of or relate to my or my child’s participation in any WAG activity or the use of any WAG equipment or facilities, including, without limitation, all claims for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.
I acknowledge and accept that the WAG activities may involve inherent risks (both known and unknown) and could result in injury (up to and including permanent disability or death) to me, my child or others. I understand the nature of the activities that my child is participating in and believe that my child is qualified to participate in the activities. My child is in good health and has no limitations that would preclude my child’s safe participation in the WAG activities or use of WAG equipment or facilities. I HEREBY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISK OF BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH OR LOSS OF SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO MY OR MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN WAG ACTIVITIES OR USE OF WAG EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES OR OTHERWISE.
I grant WAG permission to take photographs and/or videos of me and my child in connection with WAG activities. All photographs and/or videos are the property of WAG and may be edited, copied, published, distributed or otherwise used (with or without my or my child’s name) for purposes of advertising or promoting WAG or any other lawful purpose. I waive the right to inspect or approve any product (written or electronic) that includes my or my child’s likeness. Additionally, I waive any right to compensation, royalty or other payment in connection with the use of the photographs and/or videos. I understand that WAG does not maintain any insurance policy covering any circumstance arising from my or my child’s participation in WAG activities or use of WAG equipment or facilities. It is my responsibility to provide medical insurance or other financial means of paying for any and all WAG activity‐related injuries to me or my child.
This agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas and any dispute arising in connection herewith shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Collin County, Texas. If any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the remaining portion(s) of the agreement will continue in full legal force and effect.