SVP Community Partners Program Nomination Form
The SVP Community Partners Program is a three-year skills-based volunteer experience for community-minded professionals, leaders and social entrepreneurs who:
• Are people of color, indigenous and/or from historically under-represented populations
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, social justice and inclusion
• Want to use their skills to help nonprofits build capacity and have greater impact on under-resourced teens
• Are eager to hone current skills and learn new skills via a highly strategic cohort experience
• Are creative and willing to give 50 hours or more per year of skills-based volunteering
• Embrace SVP’s values of impact, innovation, community and equity
The goal of the Community Partners Program is to help SVP more fully ground our work in communities we serve. Among the ways we aim to accomplish this is by bringing in fresh voices and diverse lived experiences to the SVP Partnership that better represent marginalized communities. Together with the talents and voices currently in SVP's Partnership, the Community Partners Program will allow SVP to engage in collaborative learning with others from different lived experiences, to co-create more effectively with indigenous and communities of color, and to grow to do capacity building work with greater impact.
SVP seeks community-minded individuals who meet the criteria outlined above, are connected to the populations SVP serves and have a passion for strengthening the Twin Cities community through hands-on work with innovative nonprofits. An ideal Community Partner has skills needed for nonprofit capacity building projects (i.e. program evaluation, fund and/or business development, nonprofit leadership, strategic planning, etc.) and is committed to creating opportunities for all to thrive.
SVP Partners, including Community Partners, have much to gain through their SVP experience. Our engaged philanthropy model – volunteering shoulder-to-shoulder with entrepreneurial nonprofit leaders through capacity building projects – provides opportunities to build relationships and networks within the SVP Partner community and the nonprofit sector.
Please complete the following form after connecting with the nominee to confirm interest and availability to fulfill Community Partner expectations (minimum three-year commitment of at least 50 hours/year).
- Nominations accepted through November 4, 2019.
- Nominations will be reviewed and follow up interviews conducted between mid-November and January.
- Finalists notified and invitations issued to become an SVP Community Partner no later than January 31, 2020.
Continue to next section to complete the form. Thank you!
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Social Venture Partners Minnesota.