Unit Test 9&10 (NTA UGC NET 2018)
1) Carrying out an organised inquiry is called _
2) Logical reasoning process used in research is important to
Derive problem statements
3) Research really begins when the researcher experiences ______
4) Observable experience in research is also called as ______
5) “The assignment of numbers to represent properties” is a definition related to
6) Stability means
7) Construct validity will be developed by the researcher based on _____
8) When ranks are assigned to objects based on their properties or characteristics then the level of measurement is described as
9) Delhi’s temperature in the last 2 days was less than 10 degrees compared to Chandigarh’s which was 12 degrees. This kind of study uses which level of measurement?
10) _____means to tell whether or not the hypothesis seems to be valid.
Testing of hypothesis
Type 1 and Type 2 errors
11) From which of these a research problem could be identified?
12) When the respondent is given enough time and opportunity to answer questions given in a questionnaire, then such type of questionnaire is called as
13) This is used in agricultural research.
14) “F” tests and “t” tests are used in which level of measurement?
15) Collecting sample units in a ‘hit and miss’ style is applicable in which of the following sampling methods?
16) Formulative research is also called as _____________
17) In ANOVA, V stands for
18) A distribution of respondents based on their age group is represented in what type of frequency distribution table?
19) Length, weight and height are considered as
Characteristics that don’t have natural zero points
20) The most commonly used statistical average is
21. Which of the following is not a conventional method of user studies
operations research study
22. A: User studies are potentially useful in bridging the gap between the kind of information services needed and the kind of services in existence.
B: User studies are a pre-requisite for the development of efficient information systems, services and products
A is true, B is false
A is false, B is true
Both A and B are true
Both A and B are false
23. UNISIST promulgated the UNESCO General Information Programme (PGI) in
24. The first international conference on Library User Education was held at ________ in 1979
Cranefield Institute of Technology
25. Which one of the following is not a objective of RRRLF?
to enunciate a national library policy and to help build up a national library system.
to provide financial and technical assistance to special libraries
to advise the government on all matters pertaining to the library development in the country
to promote research in problems of library development
26. Which of the following is wrong about World Digital Library?
WDL is a project of the OCLC, with the support of the UNESCO
WDL makes available on the Internet, free of charge and in multilingual format, significant primary materials from all countries and cultures.
All WDL content is translated into the 7 site languages prior to publication
The World Digital Library was launched on April 21, 2009
27. The UGC was formally established in
28. Select the wrong pair
Beinecke Library - Rare Book & Manuscript Library
Bibliotheca Alexandrina -National library of Egypt
Krishnadas Shama Central Library- Goa State Central Library
Bodleian Library -University of Oxford's first library
29. Which one is not a basic feature and function of the National Library?
Acquisition and conservation of manuscripts having no national importance
Planned acquisition of foreign materials required by the country
Rendering of bibliographical and documentation services of retrospective materials
Provision of photocopying and reprographic services
30. The supreme policy-making body of RRRLF is called the
State Library Committee
Govt of India
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service