2020 Hangar Lab Company - Director/Choreographer Application
Mailing address for spring semester 2020:
Permanent mailing address:
School you are currently attending (or last school attended):
Please include names, job titles, institutional affiliation, and contact information (email and phone) for two people who can speak about your journey as a theatre artist. If possible, please list at least one instructor who has taught you within the past 3 years.
Getting to know you...
What is one thing you're passionate about outside of the theatre?
Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
Please provide a 25-word bio, written in the 3rd person (if accepted into the Lab, this will be used for future marketing purposes):
If applying for financial aid, please include either the first 2 pages of your parents' or guardians' 2018 or 2019 Form 1040 tax return OR a FAFSA report with your supporting materials.
PLEASE BLACK OUT ANY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND/OR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS PRIOR TO EMAIL SUBMISSION!
You may also, if you wish, include a short statement (one page or less) outlining any additional factors affecting financial need.
Are you applying for financial aid?
After submitting this form, please prepare the following supporting materials:
1. Director or Choreographer Statement (800 words or less):
In a separate document, please reply to the following prompt:
What led you to the craft of directing or choreography? What compels you to continue? What is the greatest lesson you've experienced since starting this work? What do you hope to learn/develop/explore in the next two years?
Please save this document in either .docx or .pdf format and title is: "YourFirstNameYourLastNameDCstatementLab2020"
2. Please record a two-minute video statement including:
- An artist introduction (tell us about yourself, help us get to know you beyond your resume)
- Tell us about a project you dream of directing or choreographing someday, why you feel so strongly about it, and what audience or community you would hope to share it with?
Please title this video "YourFirstNameYourLastNameDCvideoLab2020"
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2020 Lab DIRECTOR [or CHOREOGRAPHER] Application: YourFirstName YourLastName" and attach or include the following:
1. A current resume (in pdf format please)
2. A recent headshot (or a snapshot if you don't have a headshot)
3. Your 800-word or under director/choreographer statement
4. Links to your video statement (including passwords if video is set to private)
5. Any required documentation related to financial aid (see above)
All application materials for the 2020 Lab Company MUST be received by 11:59pm (EST), March 27th, 2020.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Hangar Theatre.