Spell correctly one-syllable words that have blends, contractions, compounds, ortho-graphic patterns (e.g., qu, consonant doubling, changing the ending of a word from -y to -ies when forming the plural), and common homophones (e.g., hair-hare).
From Mr. Anker Tests
1. "The surfer was absolutely flattened by the big wave. I thought he was gonna ______!"
2. The doctor advised his young patient, "Don't worry, this kind of wound _______ quickly."
3. Adela was happy that her teacher only gave her one _______ of homework last night
4. Beth's mom told her it was not polite to _______ at strangers at the mall.
5. Janyce was afraid she would find a ______ hiding in her dog's coat.
If interested, read this article, "How to Spot the Signs of Fleas" at
6. The ranger advised, "If a wild _______ charges at you, you'd better get out of the way!"
7. Jack put his Rolling Stones CD ________ his stereo to listen to his favorite band.
8."You certainly have a _______ for the dramatic," William joked to his friend.
Try this webpage, and others at this site to enhance your writing:
9. Jorge studied the reading selection over and over trying to find the _______ idea.
10. The acres of once fertile soil lay dry and cracked due to the lack of ______.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service