Thank you for your interest in joining ARDL! We are excited to have you!
FAQs1. Do I need to know how to skate?Nope! We'll teach you everything you need to know.
2. What equipment do I need?We have skates available for hire (for free!), as well as some gear collected over the years. This includes: helmets, wrist guards, elbow pads, knee pads and a few skates. If you prefer to have your own equipment from the beginning you'll need the following: skates (complete with wheels and toe stops), a mouth guard, a helmet, wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads.
3. What if I have previous experience skating with another league/am a transfer skater?If you are a transfer skater, or if you can pass the WFTDA basic skills and are up-to-date with current WFTDA rules, shoot us an email!
4. How do I pay you?Cash would be best at the beginning of each session.
5. Can men join too?Absolutely! We have men who referee and play for the men’s team.
6. Are you family friendly?Yes we are. Although we do not have a juniors programme in place for young skaters, we welcome our skaters to bring any additional support or interested persons in order to achieve success.
7. I am interested in roller derby but am unable to skate. Is there a role I can fit into?Absolutely! Roller derby is not possible without the gracious help of Non-Skating Officials (NSOs) and volunteers that help us run our events. If you're interested in NSOing or volunteering please send us an email.
If you have any additional questions or concerns don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org