The PAIMI Advisory Council advises DRM’s staff and governing authority on policies and priorities to be carried out in protecting and advocating for the rights of individuals with mental illness in Maryland. Specifically, the Council meets approximately 4-6 times per year to:
1. Adopt priorities for the PAIMI program;
2. Provide oversight and make recommendations to staff, board/board committees, regarding PAIMI services;
3. Make recommendations regarding PAIMI priorities and policies;
4. Review PAIMI expenditures and annual budget;
5. Review grievances from PAIMI eligible clients and potential clients.
In-person attendance in encouraged, but members may also join via conference line (telephone) if necessary. Members must attend one meeting in person per year.
By law, at least 60% of the PAIMI council must be comprised of individuals who are receiving or have received mental health services or are a family member of such a person.
People of color, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals, attorneys, those living on the Eastern Shore or Western Maryland, and others who contribute to diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
For more information about the PAIMI Advisory Council, visit: https://disabilityrightsmd.org/paimi-advisory-council-2/or contact Brianna Kitchelt, BriannaK@DisabilityRightsMD.org or (443) 692-2501
Applications are shared with the PAIMI Council staff and membership committee, but are not otherwise made public or shared without the applicant’s permission