HWDSB Audition-Based Program Of The Arts
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB) Audition-Based Program of the Arts is a Tier 3 Specialized Learning program based at Glendale Secondary School. Students in grades 9, 10, and 11 from across the Greater Hamilton Area participate in specialized arts courses in dance performance, drama performance, production, music: band, contemporary (electronic, guitar, piano) strings & vocal, visual or media arts at a professional level. Transportation is provided for any student living 3.2 km or more from the school.
Students at each grade level can enter the program and expect to work with guest artists, attend performances and exhibitions and regularly perform or exhibit their own work. Program of the Arts staff are specialists in their field who regularly welcome community artists to work directly with students.
In addition to required credits, students have experiential learning opportunities such as career exploration, professional certification, discipline-specific training, opportunities beyond the classroom and seasonal collaborations on large-scale stage productions, small-scale studio productions/exhibitions and informal studio productions/exhibitions that invite broader school participation.
Graduating students receive an HWDSB Certificate of Recognition or Distinction in the Arts, in addition to their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) and additional qualifications such as industry training, professional résumé, head shot and portfolio. If students complete three (3) or four (4) years of the program, they will receive a Certificate of Distinction in the Arts upon graduation. If students complete one (1) or two (2) years of the program, they will receive a Certificate of Recognition in the Arts upon graduation.
Students may also complete this program in collaboration with HWDSB Tier 3 Strings and the Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) Arts and Culture programs, also based at Glendale.
The HWDSB Audition-Based Program of the Arts supports the needs of all students and pathways, some of whom are exploring the possibility of a career in the arts; others are passionate about learning about ‘art for art’s sake.’
The program’s safe and caring environment inspires lifelong learning and a desire for personal excellence for all its students.
ALIGNING PASSION WITH PROGRAMMING!
1. APPLICATIONS DUE! - Fill out and complete Application Package (Available online) by Friday, December 20th, 2019
2. Perform Audition/ Portfolio Review in front of the Admissions Committee (We will contact you with interview and Audition/ Portfolio Review date & time) - Wednesday & Thursday, January 29 & 30, 2020 (3:00-9:00pm)
3. Notification of Acceptance into the Program will go out Friday, February 7th, 2020 by 3:00 p.m.
4. Notification of Acceptance and submission of acceptance package (or decline) is due to the school by Friday, February 14th, 2020
5. Fill out option sheets for the upcoming school year- Tuesday, February 18th, 2020 *Audition-Based option sheets are only given to students who successfully audition into the program.
Date Of Birth
Home Phone Number
Student Email Address
Parent Email Address
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board.