• No fees to participate, no whining, no aid, no awards. Fatass-style all the way.
• This is a solo, self-support event. Support of any kind is strictly only permitted after completing and before starting each of the four trails.
• Strictly solo and self-supported whilst on trail. No pacers, outside companions, crews, mules, drop bags. Crew support only allowed outside of the stipulated four trails.
• Strictly no support whilst on trail, including places like Tai Po, Lam Tin, Tai Koo Shing, cross-harbour MTR, Parkview, HK trail petrol station on Wong Nai Chung Gap road, The Peak and similar.
• No more than two participants of the Challenge are allowed to run together (observe social distancing) and purely for safety reasons. Keep in mind this is a personal challenge. Outside companions are considered support and lead to disqualification.
• Participants are responsible for their crews and outside companions and will be listed as Retired if any rule is violated including if any crew members or outside companion violate any rule.
• Must carry mandatory gear at all times.
• Must operate GPS live tracker at all times.
• Must be contactable by mobile phone at all times.
• Trekking poles, hiking poles, walking sticks are strictly not permitted.
• Use of music or sound playing devices of any sorts and headphones are strictly not permitted.
• No political or other slogans are to be visible on any of your clothes or equipment.
• All trails and the entire course need to be covered on foot only.
• Must take MTR from Lam Tin to Tai Koo for Victoria Harbour crossing along Wilson trail. If the train service has stopped, you must wait until it resumes. Also, there is strictly no crew support permitted here and on the train since it is still considered part of the Wilson trail.
• Must take ferry from Central (Hong Kong island) to Mui Wo (Lantau island) after Hong Kong trail and before Lantau trail. If you miss a ferry, you must wait for the next one. You can take the ferry via Peng Chau for a more scenic experience.
• If you get lost, you must backtrack to the last trail marker and try again.
• Once you started a trail, you must not return, and must not get any further crew support until after completing the trail.
• Strictly no littering, including crew. Anyone caught littering will be immediately disqualified and banned from future Challenges.
• Please maintain proper trail etiquette.
• If you retire from the Challenge, you must inform the Challenge Director as soon as possible.
• No drugs allowed. The use of banned substances as established by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) as well as any use of Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs (such as Aspirin, Celecoxib, Diclofenac, Naproxen etc.) is strictly prohibited. The use of such substances can cause serious medical problems (such as kidney failure) during ultra-endurance events. If we become aware of any runner taking, carrying or their crew carrying any banned substances, Ibuprofen or other NSAIDs then that runner will be disqualified. All WADA anti-doping rules apply and are to be strictly observed.
• Rules may be added or changed at any time and without notice if and when circumstances arise at the sole discretion of the Challenge Director.
In addition, the rules outlined in other sections of this document also apply. Violation of any rules may result in time penalty (one hour or multiples of one hour) or disqualification, either during or after the event. The decisions of the Challenge Director are final. Whining and bitching doesn’t help (see rule #1 above).
By entering the challenge you agree to be photographed and filmed, with the images used as part of the HK4TUC social media or any other types of publications including by third parties.