Sioux Center Christian School Trustee Nominations 2019
Please complete the form by November 29.
*****Before completing your nomination, please read the information below to ensure that your nominee fits the qualifications for being a trustee.
Duties of the Board of Trustees:
• Maintain and promote Reformed Christian discipleship education
• Determine policies for the vision and goals, personnel, operation, accountability, and all other aspects of Sioux Center Christian School.
• Make decisions as outlined in policies or as circumstances prevail.
• Announce and prepare for an annual Sioux Center Christian School Society meeting.
• Report to the Sioux Center Christian School Society if the board of trustees or school is out of compliance with any articles of the covenant, the circumstances, and the efforts and expectations to be in compliance.
• Submit a proposal for approval of an annual budget to the society for the next school year.
• Submit for approval by the Sioux Center Christian School Society qualified candidates for open positions on the board of trustees.
• Recommend for approval to the society the rationale for Sioux Center Christian School Society consideration of the sale or purchase of land or buildings more than 2% of the general operating budget.
• Recommend for approval to the society the rationale for the Sioux Center Christian School Society to approve additional debt beyond 10% of the annual budget, excluding previously approved debt for general operating budget or debt for building and capital projects.
• Recommend for approval to the Sioux Center Christian School Society consideration of changes to the covenant or dissolution of Sioux Center Christian School.
• Organize itself to determine officers, meeting occasions, agendas, and processes of operations.
• Select a head of school, the board of trustees’ only employee, qualified to carry out the educational program and all policies of the school.
• Supervise the instruction of the children through the head of school.
• Devise ways and means of obtaining the necessary funds for operating the school, maintain accurate records, determine how these funds shall be distributed, and care for the property belonging to the society, all through the head of school.
• Appoint task forces as it deems necessary for the performance of its duties.
• Selecting and retaining the finest administrative leadership in the head of school is a main purpose of the Sioux Center Christian School Board of Trustees. The board’s sole connection to the school’s operational organization, its achievement, and its conduct will be through the head of school. All authority and accountability of faculty and staff, as far as the board is concerned, is considered the authority and accountability of the head of school.
All trustees must confess Jesus Christ as their only Savior and Lord and shall personally believe, adhere to, and support the infallible and inerrant Word of God as expressed in the standards of the Reformed faith (the Heidelberg Catechism, the Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort), exhibit a lifestyle consistent with that confession, and be a member of and regularly attend a church that adheres to these stated creeds and confessions.
Each trustee must be a member of the Sioux Center Christian School Society and meet the requirements for Sioux Center Christian School Society membership.
Each trustee is to sign a statement that he or she will support and promote the school’s covenantal task, and not seek to redirect the school from:
• Educating children of families with at least one parent who confesses Jesus Christ as their only Savior and Lord and who is a member of and regularly worships with a Christian church that holds in preaching and practice all articles of the Apostles Creed.
• Articles I, III, and IV of the bylaws (mission of the school, purpose of the school, and non-negotiable founding principles)
• Ownership of Sioux Center Christian School to be held by the Sioux Center Christian School Society
Additional trustee qualifications:
• Has no conflict of interest with employees or other trustees
• Is not a near relative to an employee or near relative to a trustee of Sioux Center Christian School (a near relative is defined as having a connection between persons by blood, marriage, adoption, or other close personal relationship)
• Is not an employee of Sioux Center Christian School (except in a part-time, non-supervisory role such as an occasional substitute teacher or coach)
• Is not a near relative of a trustee with whom there would be an overlapping term of service
• Gives signed agreement to the Sioux Center Christian School Trustee Code of Commitment and Ethics
How long have you known the nominee and in what capacity?
Please briefly describe why this person would be a valuable member of the Sioux Center Christian School Board of Trustees.
Nominee’s Phone Number (cell phone is preferred):
Nominee’s Email Address:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Sioux Center Christian School.