• The IT equipment can only be collected after paying a £50 deposit, which will be refunded upon the return of the loaned device(s) in their original condition
• The IT equipment remains the property of Westhaven School at all times
• The IT equipment is loaned for the sole, exclusive use of the named user for educational/work purposes
• The IT equipment MUST be kept at home and kept secure at all times.
• The IT equipment hardware and software can’t be altered or modified
• Report any faults or damages as soon as possible
• The IT equipment can’t be used for commercial purposes or monetary gain
• The IT equipment will have management and/or monitoring software installed for security and safeguarding purposes
• All the terms of the staff/student AUP apply
The user must undertake to take proper care of the equipment whilst in their possession and will abide by the requirements of the school’s insurance policy with regard to protecting the equipment from loss or damage. They agree that, should the equipment be lost or damaged due to exposure to a non-insured risk, they will replace or arrange for the repair of the equipment at their own expense.Online safety
Parents and guardians are responsible for monitoring their child's use of technology outside of school. School issued devices use remote filtering to help safeguarding users, however it is also the parents' responsibility to make sure that learners don't access inappropriate materials such as extremist content or pornography while using school devices outside of school.
For guides and resources to help keep your child safe online please visit:https://saferinternet.org.uk/guide-and-resource/parents-and-carers