UCD Career Mentoring Programme 2019/20 | Application Form
The UCD Career Mentoring Programme provides students with the opportunity to meet and network with professional mentors who are able to offer support in developing their career ideas, clarifying their goals and improving their employability.
We are currently looking for alumni to volunteer as mentors for UCD students in:
- All schools in the College of Arts and Humanities
- All schools in the College of Social Sciences and Law
- School of Chemistry in the College of Science
This year the mentor/mentee matching process will be self-directed and online via our UCD Alumni Network. Student mentees will review this information to consider matches. Both alumni and students will be trained and supported to navigate this process.
Career Mentoring Time Commitment:
- As a mentor in 2019/20, you will join an online community of fellow UCD alumni career mentors.
- Mentees will be in touch in January 2020 and all participants will be invited to attend an important 'Meet your Mentor' event on 5 February 2020.
- Once you have approved the best match for you, we will ask that you meet at least 3 times in 6 months (January - June).
- Your mentoring sessions can take place face to face, online, or by telephone and we welcome career mentors who are based abroad as well as those living in Ireland.
Please complete the form below comprehensively to apply...
The details from this form will be used to help build your profile online.
UCD Student ID Number (if known)
Subject(s) of Study
Primary Year of UCD Graduation
Which industries or career areas can you provide guidance on?
Please outline any knowledge, skills or experience of mentoring or coaching - from professional or personal life (prior experience is not necessary to become a mentor).
What type of assistance can you offer? e.g. General Career Advice, CV Review, Open Doors, Interview Preparation, Work Experience, etc.
Why do you wish to participate in the career mentoring programme?
Is there anything else you would like to add?
If we have an over subscription of interest from mentors, are there other related Alumni Volunteering opportunities which would interest you?
Offering ad hoc career journey advice
Participating in a speed networking event
Once you have submitted this form, we will be in touch regarding next steps.
Run collaboratively by UCD Careers Network and UCD Alumni Relations.
If you have questions or would like further information, please contact Ria Flom on +353 1 716 1232 or email the team at
Information on our Privacy Statement is available on our website
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University College Dublin.