Telem is currently recruiting passionate and committed individuals to serve on our Advisory Board.
Description of role
We envision an Advisory board that reflects diversity of talent, resources, cultures and experiences but with a unified belief in the mission and values of Telem. The Advisory Board will help Telem become sustainable and continue growing in correlation with its strategic plan. The Advisory Board serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors. The Advisory Board may encompass several committees and/or sub-committees to assist and inform Telem’s Board of Directors. Committees will partner with relevant Board members and/or chair when necessary to fulfill its responsibilities. Committee categories include but are not limited to: publicity, finance, development, legal, program planning and recruitment.
Advisory Board Member Expectations
• Provide advice on areas relevant to Telem’s mission and vision to the Board of Directors.
• Convene once a year at minimum for a face-to-face or conference call meeting.
• Form committees and meet as needed to assist with goals/objectives set by the Board of Directors.
• Participate in fundraising for the organization.
• Stay informed about the organizations work and events by reviewing board meeting minutes and other reports.
• Demonstrate a commitment to and understanding of Telem’s mission and vision
• Experience in cultivating relationships that will potentially help grow Telem’s donor and membership base